Trick Of The Week 29/02-6/03 - Spin

whatevah

Sounds like you are going great. :) Some tricks require much longer than a week to teach. Sometimes you can give the dog a break and then go back to the trick. The spins sounds really fantastic. Next trick I am thinking about putting up is some targetting both (nose) and (paw), so stay tuned.

I am quite happy with the posts, mainly positive and everybody sounds like they are having fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, another update: (just another chance for me to go on about how much fun I am having trick training my dogs really :rofl: )

Texas does the "spin" with a finger hand signal. His multiple "pirouettes" have worked out really well. I have been walking them separately a few days a week and adding a few tricks along the way so it isn't so boring to walk by my side and not go to the park this trip, sorta thing.

His "pirouettes" on lead have been a little more difficult than I expected they would be for him, as he was reliably walking and pirouetting by my side off lead, I think it might get in the way, so I have been doing a lot of leading him with my hand to get him moving, and moving a little around in front of him. He tends to sit, maybe because I used to always ask for it from him being in a sitting position since he first learnt it? (*sorry ... poor sentence structure*)

Jamie does the walking on lead and pirouette by my side with no major problems, the first few times tended to be a little confusing but she quickly moved beyond that. I haven't tried out the "spin" the other way with her yet, keep forgetting.

Chester too, has no problem doing this on lead by my side. And it is great for getting his walk by my side back in line, when he gets a little too far ahead, he is more willing to pay attention than walk, walk, walk, "ha ha I'm walking ahead of you, we'll go this way yeh?" When I add a cue here and there as we are walking he is much more willing to give me attention, just in case he might miss an opportunity for a reward :eek: Haven't done the "spin" the other way with him yet either.

That's it for the "pirouette".

Keep up the tricks.

Sam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...