• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As many as she can learn/you want to teach.

I have a very intelligent dog who has a sackful of tricks, and one that is not as bright who knows only a few. :laugh:

All depends on the dog. But the key is to keep training sessions short and sweet, set your dog up for success and always end on a good note. (Even if you have to go back a step so the dog succeeds)

A trainer once told me "If you think to yourself, 'just a couple more', then you should stop right away!" You can always pick it up again later.

As many as she can learn/you want to teach.

I have a very intelligent dog who has a sackful of tricks, and one that is not as bright who knows only a few. :laugh:

All depends on the dog. But the key is to keep training sessions short and sweet, set your dog up for success and always end on a good note. (Even if you have to go back a step so the dog succeeds)

A trainer once told me "If you think to yourself, 'just a couple more', then you should stop right away!" You can always pick it up again later.

Thanks! :)

I find she gets them after 3-4 goes. But she isn't perfect at them.

So should be doing 100% before we move on?

• 2 months later...

I :D this trick snoopy learnt it so well that youcan say 'Spin' and he goes one way and then you say 'back' and he'll go back the other way, that took him a few months to learn mind you I was inconsistant about training him to do it

• 8 months later...
Guest Steph & Bam

:) Thanks CTD for doing these! They're brilliant, and Thanks Troy for creating this sub-forum I would never have found this either :laugh:

Bam loves this, I'm going to start teaching him to do it at my side too.