Coprice Dry Food! New Brand Out

shazz05

Hi Everyone,

I went to the local Feed n Seed today to get some Bonnie Working Dog Dry Bickies for my girls (Bull Terriers). The guy behind the counter told me that a new brand had just come out on the market, and that all the kennels up here were using it! He offered me some sample bags to take home and try, so now I have to make a decision between Bonnie and CopRice in a couple of days. I want to buy the bulk 20 Kg bag, as it's more economical for my to buy that way.

CopRice, has No Artificial Preservatives, Colours or Flavours added! And is 100% Australian.

The Analysis is 20% Protein, 12% Fat, 4% Fibre, .5% Salt, with added Calcium and Minerals and Vitamins!

I was wondering if anyone else had tried this new dry food on their dogs!

Thanks

Sharon

If it is what I am thinking of it has been around for years. I had it for my cocker as it was what they were feeding him at the pound but he never liked it. Mind you over the years I think that I have only ever found one or two different dried foods that he will eat!

It has been around a while but I think they have changed the formula thats why they are thinking its new.

I fed it to my dogs for a while and didn't have any problems with it. I feed either Bonnie working Dog or Coprice Working Dog depending on what gets delived when I order the horse feed.

I didn't find it that much different in results to the Bonnie.

It is definately not a premium food but neither is Bonnie. Premium foods are not an option for a lot of people to feed and so have to make the most of other foods available.

I prefer to feed ADVANCE ENERGY but can be hard to get at a good price sometimes so Bonnie and Coprice are the other ones I choose.

Bought a couple of bags of Coprice Working Dog a few weeks ago to mix with my normal dog food cos it was out of stock for a few weeks, and I needed to pad it out a bit.

Dogs hated it, needed to feed much more of it, and cos of all the grain, it pretty well went straight thru them - and that was just giving them 40% Coprice! Hate to think what would have happened on 100%. Was very glad when my food came back in stock - now have an almost full bag of Coprice that they won't eat.

My dogs love the Coprice, I have used it on several occasions, I find it to be a reasonable crunchy for when I can't afford to buy the Bonnie.

I tend to alternate each time I buy 20kgs. Even Cockers get sick of the same crunchie week after week

FWIW CavNRott, Bonnie was the only brand of dry that I could feed one of my dogs (Dane) all the others, including Eukanuba etc just went through him like water... for some reason the only one that he took any goodness from was the Bonnie *shrug*.

My greyhound can't digest ANY of the less expensive and even middle-range packaged foods, and only did well on RC which I couldn't afford longer-term. So I switched to a raw diet. Now that Nutro and EP are available in Australia, I could get samples and see how Lilly goes, but the raw works! :cry:

I'm sure that many dogs don't do well on some foods but do well on others. Sometimes, you either have to spend a lot more money, spend time preparing a home-made diet, or compromise on your dog's digestive health. I chose to spend time in preparing a home-made (raw) diet. :rofl:

I Have been using Coprice famiy dog now for a few years. I am about to change though as they dont seem to be eating it of late. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a premium dog busicut that is suitable for a bitch in whelp and a young *14month* old pup.

Thanks in advance.

I think you'll find Bonnie and Coprice are made by the same company?

If your low in funds it's not to bad to add to the premium mix, to stretch it out. But wouldn't use it on its' own.

Makes my lot poo heaps. Like the saying goes, "What you put in one end, will eventually come out the other." Boy does it come out the other. :rainbowbridge:

Just put this on another thread - Royal Canin is my favourite. They should be paying me for this. :cry: Yeah sure.

Isn't the difference between a premium food and an ordinary one about absorbtion rate ? Whilst it is important to have the correct ingredients it is also good to have high absorbtion i.e ordinary food 35%-45% high waste output. Premium food (Mera Dog ) 80%-85% low waste output. Example you only need 25% of the amount of Mera Dog to feed your dog as against 100% ordinary food. Makes an expensive brand seem cheap or atleast as cheap because it will last four times as long. Yes I do appreciate it may be the initial cost that makes it prohibitive. I personally don't have any problem using cheaper brands and I do, I also accept the lower performance level i.e absorbtion rate. I have only mentioned MERA DOG because I used to sell and use it. I also used another brand that was made in Albury and threw it out of the shop because it had offal in it's Premium wizz bang can !