Those $2 Shop Dog Chew Strips

PepitoVFR

What do people think of these?

They're only cheap but dogs seem to like the ocassional one and they are supposed to be good for their teeth.

Reason I ask is that the SWF has started doing very soft (dairy queen like :rofl: ) poos for the last 2 days and the only thing I have changed is I've been giving her one of these strips to chew/eat in the morning.

Edited by morita

I would say that her poo's are soft because the ingredients are crap. I would imagine they would have lots of artificial colours and preservatives etc....

It would be similar to a person who is used to eating a very healthy diet with no fast food binging on something like Macca's - they'd probably get the runs too.

If you want something good for her teeth you can't go past a good raw bone - which are also nice and cheap but much better for them.

Edited by Malamum

I won't feed them to my dog just because they are full of artificial colours and preservatives. There are lots of other reasons why they're not wonderful but that's enough for me. Dogs don't need green and red treats.

Ok I've read enough, they're now in the bin :)

This afternoon I bought something called "Nature's Gift - Char Chews".

According to the packet they are "free from any artificial additives" and are "Tasty and healthy treats for your dog" :)

Ok I've read enough, they're now in the bin :mad

This afternoon I bought something called "Nature's Gift - Char Chews".

According to the packet they are "free from any artificial additives" and are "Tasty and healthy treats for your dog" :mad

My girl Cleo loves those char chews! A much better idea for your girl. The dried liver idea is also good, but with either of these things it is best to introduce slowly if she is not used to them eg cut the char chew in two and give half for a couple of days and once she gets used to that got to the full one.

Edited by New Age Outlaw

What do people think of these?

They're only cheap but dogs seem to like the ocassional one and they are supposed to be good for their teeth.

Reason I ask is that the SWF has started doing very soft (dairy queen like :mad ) poos for the last 2 days and the only thing I have changed is I've been giving her one of these strips to chew/eat in the morning.

CHEAP AND NASTY is all i can say

Taz got given them as a xmas prezzie one year. Threw his guts up everywhere.

I have no probs with rawhide. These chews thought are rawhide thats been highly processed, glued back together and painted.

Dogs (like humans) should not have artificial colouring or preservatives