Toilet Training!

saintlysusan

I have been keeping Boris outside more and more during the day (probally 50%) because he excretes all over the place INSIDE.

I cant figure it out, hes so smart. you take him out, he pees on command so well so I know he understands it.

But bring him inside and he weez every 10 minutes, surely he can hold it longer than that!

Now just 2 seconds ago, it dawned on me, I have allways said, Boris go weezzz, when on the lawn and he goes...

But now hes getting older I tend to ask him IF he wants to go weez (while were still inside) and bugger me he Pisses in

the house! Its not like he's not taken outside, hes in and out all day long!

So maybe its so he gets the "good boy!!" attention or something? Anyone understand doggie lingo?

Maybe he hears the "Weez" word and thinks thats what he has to do where-ever we are, there and then?

Should I not say it until we are out on the grass?

I wish he would stand at the door so I know he needs to go!

Any house breaking ideas for a big boofa lazy shit St Bernard?

post-12900-1164322306_thumb.jpg

LOL how amusing! :laugh: (sorry!)

Yeah I probably wouldn't say the word at all until you are outside with him. Then he should be able to understand "She only says it when I'm out here, not in there, so I better do it here!" Also, make sure when he does it inside (ie. has an accident) you aren't praising him AT ALL. Obviously, don't punish him, but make sure you're not picking him up (LOL - if you still can! :) ) or cuddling him or anything. If he starts to have an accident inside, I'd rush him straight outside and THEN say "Go weez!"

Gotta love the little bugger hey! :laugh:

Some puppies just take a while to get it.

I have two 5 month old same breed pups, one has been tt from just about the day we got him and the other one is still hopeless. Like your pup as soon as I take her out she goes but if she needs to go inside she will just go.

I think they are like kids some get it quickly and some don't. Luckily my house is all tiled. :)

He will get the idea, your story is funny though :) cassie's advice is good.

We have a Bernese Mountain Dog pup about 8-9 months maybe? who comes to work, and when he pees it is at least a lake, if not an ocean :laugh: Biggest wees I have ever seen! So I don't envy your clean up jobs :laugh:

I have been keeping Boris outside more and more during the day (probally 50%) because he excretes all over the place INSIDE.

I cant figure it out, hes so smart. you take him out, he pees on command so well so I know he understands it.

But bring him inside and he weez every 10 minutes, surely he can hold it longer than that!

Now just 2 seconds ago, it dawned on me, I have allways said, Boris go weezzz, when on the lawn and he goes...

But now hes getting older I tend to ask him IF he wants to go weez (while were still inside) and bugger me he Pisses in

the house! Its not like he's not taken outside, hes in and out all day long!

So maybe its so he gets the "good boy!!" attention or something? Anyone understand doggie lingo?

Maybe he hears the "Weez" word and thinks thats what he has to do where-ever we are, there and then?

Should I not say it until we are out on the grass?

I wish he would stand at the door so I know he needs to go!

Any house breaking ideas for a big boofa lazy shit St Bernard?

My pup is really good with her toilet training, she will go straight away when outside, but there are times when she has accidents inside - but in the end i believe it is my fault not hers - sometimes i turn my back for 2 seconds and she has done it and i cannot work out for the life of me how i missed it. If she does go inside i just place her outside without saying anything and when she does go outside i praise her. I assume eventually she will realise whats happening. But i have heard some dogs just take a little longer.

We have her inside during the day as we work and at night so she has paper to go on. As of the weekend we are slowly going to move her to the backyard, i assume this should help as she will not be doing any business inside after that point.

the house!

Ok maybe I'm not reading this right, but it sounds to me like he toilets in the house when you ask him if he wants to go? If that is the case, it is because you are saying the command and he is complying. Stop saying weez inside and he won't weez inside!

Now that he has a few times you have made it a little harder for yourself, but as long as you continue to take him outside, prevent him from going inside and clean where he has gone with an enzyme based cleaner to break down the scent (not simply mask it) you shouldn't have too many problems.

Yes your right but theres no exact plan for it, sometimes he follows me out, sometimes he will do it on the way, sometimes he wont go out and will just do it inside later or whatever.

If it was just a case of not saying the weez word , it would be easy but I cant figure it out, I just keep reminding myself that hes only a baby and will get it sooner or later.

Sometimes he even tries to tell me by pacing and quietly sooking, Im onto that hint but he only does that like if were at the Vets or somewhere that isnt home. He dosent tell me when he needs to go at home so Im constantly taking him out or else I find BIG puddles~

The mop is never far away either.

Either way hes forgiven, as soon as he starts wizzin I grab him, that makers him stop and take him out then lots of good boy's so he knows.

He never gets told off unless you call a AHHH noooo Boris,, outside!being told off.

the house!

Ok maybe I'm not reading this right, but it sounds to me like he toilets in the house when you ask him if he wants to go? If that is the case, it is because you are saying the command and he is complying. Stop saying weez inside and he won't weez inside!

Now that he has a few times you have made it a little harder for yourself, but as long as you continue to take him outside, prevent him from going inside and clean where he has gone with an enzyme based cleaner to break down the scent (not simply mask it) you shouldn't have too many problems.

What is a emzyme based cleaner? Bleach? Domestos?

Hi SS

with my furkids i tend to say 'do you want to go outside' and they quickly pickup inside and outside - they are only allowed inside when i invite them! or tell them she knows outside and 'go pee' for actually going...

when i ask if they want to go outside - i can generally tell by the reaction/expression if they do or not! also they then go to the door...

ETA: at least ur pups obedient :)

Edited by Akitaowner