Video Of Bondi Doing Some Heelwork

Nice to see videos of others working with their dogs :) .

Can I just make one suggestion? When you come to a halt, dont step in towards her, you did it on a number of occasions.

Polish her up & she'll be ready for the ring in no time. :rofl:

Can I just make one suggestion? When you come to a halt, dont step in towards her, you did it on a number of occasions.

:rofl: yep bad habbit of mine. Have been told about that at obedience. At the moment I'm concentrating on trying to get her to sit closer (during halts and recalls, as she sometimes is abit far away). :(

Polish her up & she'll be ready for the ring in no time.

Aim is to get her CCD title in 07 :rofl: Then we will be concentrating mainly on agility (obedience bores her :) )

you are going beautifully but don't accommodate her position again. Check her position and correct it then praise otherwise it is a hard habit to break, also make sure you steady your own position before recall. Take a few more seconds and lean back slightly so your slightly open legs are steady.

I think you have a beautiful boxer and you should be very proud of your achievements with her. :thumbsup:

sorry the position accommodation has already been mentioned. I should read replies first.

Edited by Rusky

What were you using? Was it a toy? I am going to start using Ed's new found love, a tennis ball I think, to get his lazy butt going! lol

A chicken wing ;) Chicken necks are her favourite and she will do ANYTHING for them, but they had no chicken necks so I used a chicken wing. She isn't very food movitated, so with chicken necks/wings it is sort of a toy aswell as food. If you jiggle it around she gets really motivated :rofl: Have just started working on fasing out the food and toys. We can do around 10 steps of solid focus heeling without toy/food before she looks away :rofl:

nice focus

my only suggestion and it would be hard in a small space would be pick up the pace so she has to trot ven when you tak of from a halt or down you want her getting straight into a trot you'll have no trouble getting you cd with that heeling

Yep she has a lazy start off lol. Need to get her to take off quicker (have been told to do this by praising after 1 or two steps).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :thumbsup:

Oooh I never though of using something like that, I reckon Ed would love that

Going to try tonight I think! lol

Yep it's really good because you don't have to give the whole thing to them either, just let them have abit of a gnaw and tug, then they get a taste of it and want to work for the rest of it :thumbsup:

She is a absolutely beautiful girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like others said, quicken up your pace, I would even maybe try heeling her next to the wall so she can heel closer into your side. The video had excellent quality, what program did you use to upload it to the internet and what settings? Just be careful I have heard you can get pinged if you look at your dog. I do it all the time in training myself and then force myself not to do it in the trail ring. She is beautiful, loved the change of position.

The video had excellent quality, what program did you use to upload it to the internet and what settings?

The video was taken on my digital camera, and I just uploaded it straight to youtube (not sure what you mean by which programme and settings?)