Waiting Waiting Brigade...

No need to choose, you can do both :love:

ETA: Conduct Dog Obedience and Agility Classes is a core unit, i.e. everyone must complete it, Conduct Companion Animal Training Classes is an elective so you only undertake it if you choose to. You probably already knew that WEIA, but just pointing it out to avoid confusion :)

Edited by haven

Not necessarily, while applications close for the March course on January 25th, we will be accepting enrolments before then. As there is a huge number of people on the waiting list (i.e. in excess of 600) I expect the course to fill up well before the cut off date.

Have PMed you also :walkdog:

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if this is right?

As far as I can figure you need to do 100 hours taking classes at a club during the 10 month course, on top of the theory and the 2 nine day blocks. Just doing the sums this means that you would need to be teaching classes for 2 hours per week for the entire course.

Doing sums - i don't really think I can afford it yet either? Just being realistic. If I knew in advance, I could have saved the money. Will there be a 2nd course run this year? if not, I may have to wait until the following year. I'm still doing my Vet Nursing Course, and probably couldn't handle doing so many assignments as well. Oh and I'm importing a cat this year, which doesn't help money matters!

Oh well...

-WithEverythingIAm

Can someone tell me if this is right?

As far as I can figure you need to do 100 hours taking classes at a club during the 10 month course, on top of the theory and the 2 nine day blocks. Just doing the sums this means that you would need to be teaching classes for 2 hours per week for the entire course.

I was under the impression (and could be wrong) that at least some of the nine-day blocks would count toward some of the 100 hours prac :mad

I was under the impression (and could be wrong) that at least some of the nine-day blocks would count toward some of the 100 hours prac :rofl:

Okay, I am reading through it all again, and I think what's confusing is that the enrollment forms etc are from the normal course, which mentions 100 hours of prac.

The Distance Learning Information Guide states on page 9:

The practical component of the electives will be conducted during the block training.

The Distance Learning Information Guide states on page 11:

The practical component is run over two compulsory block-training sessions in Melbourne. Each is delivered over nine days.

The Distance Learning Information Guide does not mention 100 hours of prac anywhere, so I am assuming that the entire practical session is conducted at the block sessions in Melbourne.

I am sending in my application now - just trying to decide which electives I want to do.... very hard to decide... maybe I'll have to do them all!! :thumbsup:

I have applied to do just 2 electives because I remember reading somewhere that you can do other electives at a later date?

See you all there! Well, that is if my application is successful......600 on the waiting list...Wow.

Haven, how many will be accepted for each course?

Rom, I spoke to them yesterday and there are still places in the course starting in March, so hopefully you made it in! I faxed off my application to try and beat the crowd! :rofl:

They also confirmed that you can do extra prac work if you want (and they do encourage it), but all the required hours will be covered in the block sessions in Melbourne.