Best Dry Food Available

Zorro_007

My rr girl has been on Royal Canin since weaned - almost 6 mths old now and is on RC Maxi Junior. I've had lots of comment about her beautiful coat, which is very speccy I must admit!

Can any one give me a comparison of this with Nutro?

Im in WA so cant get Nutro anyway but am interested in how the two compare!

I have just started feed our kelpie Natures Gift semi dried food, which seems to be fine exceot for the bits of feathers and claws I've found!! Still at least it must have "Real Chicken" in it. The kelpie loves it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got some Nutro to try it out.

Coda must be the fussiest eater known to mankind - but he'll happily leave his bowl to go and pinch Ben's SuperCoat. Go figure.

So far we have tried him on Proplan (which his breeder was feeding him), then Royal Canin; then Science Diet. And the only food he'll eat consistently is SuperCoat.

Maybe I should just give up and let him eat that :mad

Ridgygirl, not having fed Royal Canin we cant help you out with a comparison in so far as results are concerned, Norskgra however may be able to help there as understand from previous postings that she has tried a number of different products,

I tried mine on Royal Canin. Not all of mine would eat it but those that did eat it were not in nearly as good a condition as they are now. I have tried just about every brand of dry from the cheap supermarket brands to the expensive super premium trying to find one that all of my dogs will eat. I was given some sample of Nutro and even my most finicky girl loves it. They don't have shiny coats because of the type of coat they all have but they do not lose nearly as much fur and they actually have thicker coats, especially my male. My male can have a big coat dump and even his breeder can't see it because after his coat dump his coat looks like all the others before they dump their coat. :mad I am waiting for my Hamilton pup to be old enough to come and live here and he/she will be raised on Nutro. His/her breeder also feeds their dogs on Nutro. I am pretty sure that his/her coat will be great and shiny with the Nutro.

I know it will take a lot for me to change from Nutro because I am so happy with the results and all of my dogs love it and normally eat it without any hassles like we had before.

Edited by Norskgra

Most of ours are on completely BARF but a few are on a combination of BARF & Kibble, which is Eagle Pack. I am happy with the EP particulary the Holistic blends, although the level of corn in the 'normal' blends does concern me (we don't feed these).

I'm still waiting on my Nutro samples to arrive (almost 3wks now :mad), it will be interesting to see how the dogs react/do on it, as we do have a few fussy eaters. Just have to wait and see.

In a few weeks our new 8 week old Golden Retriever puppy will be coming home. This Nutro product does sound very good, is it suitable for puppies? If not, what age would it be suitable from and what product would you recommend in the meantime (preferable dry food).

Also, is it OK to give him just Nutro and other bits and peices from the table (non meat).

Thanks!

I have fed my pup Nutro Puppy exclusively and his coat is amazing. He's about 8 months old now and his adult coat is coming through but it is still so so soft and shiny. We get comments about the glorious colour of his coat and when they go to pat him they all make that "aaaaahhh" noise because he's so silky. One of the girls at the local pet supply store had her pup on the same (aussie tri) and the black was just the most magnificent black coat I've ever seen.

It might seem like everyone is pushing Nutro, but it's just easy to rave on about. I was at the pet store today and a man saw us buying Nutro and started raving about well his Burmese cats did on it and how they all had such clear sparkling eyes since swapping them over. It's a good food and it keeps everyone happy :thumbsup:

My pup has gone over to adult food now (I was going to wait until about 9-10 months, but there was a problem with the bag we bought and because we couldn't fix it over christmas we ended up putting him on to our other dogs food) and is still doing really well, although we'll probably add a few sardines and bones occasionally to make up for the protein and fat.

Our older dog is a Golden Retriever and we have had such a struggle with his weight (most goldie owners do). We made so many mistakes with him when he was younger and life would have been so much easier if we had started him on Nutro. He gains weight so quickly, we have to be so so strict with his diet to stop his ribs from disappearing. He does really well on both the Lite and Adult formula.