Which Hydrobath Is Best

Hi,

I am looking for a new hydrobath for a new business. I have seen many hydrobaths but not quite sure which one to select, The Barf shop has plastic ones and fibreglass which are more expensive. Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice as to how they stack up in a commercial environment.

Thanks

Hydropooch

I really don't know how the new hydrobaths stack up now. We bought our first one 11 years ago from conmurra and its still being used in a grooming business now. Never has had a problem I think only hoses have needed to be replaced. We've had our second also from conmurra for about 8 years and it is still going strong although only used for home dogs the past 3 years.

Ours is also a 5yr old fibreglass Conmurra bath and has never missed a beat (been used for personal use with 5 dogs PLUS mobile grooming). Granted it cost us alittle more but to me it was money well spent on a quality product. :rofl:

The company was sold earlier this year to a friend of ours and is now known has Hydrobaths Australia - still in Salisbury (Brisbane)

ETA: Just checked out the BARF shop website - they are selling Liberty Fibreglass baths which are more expensive than the Fibreglass baths sold at HA.

Edited by HuntinHound

I am heading up to Coolangatta for a couple of days soon so I might check out Hydrobaths Australia. I am also going to visit the Barf shop. Are the HA baths available in Sydney? I did some checks but did not find any stockists. I think I might ring them on Monday.

So I guess that everyone is using fibreglass. Does anyone have a plastic Hydrobath?

Thanks for the replies. You guys have been very helpful.

Regards

hydropooch

Edited by hydropooch

I am heading up to Coolangatta for a couple of days soon so I might check out Hydrobaths Australia. I am also going to visit the Barf shop. Are the HA baths available in Sydney? I did some checks but did not find any stockists. I think I might ring them on Monday.

So I guess that everyone is using fibreglass. Does anyone have a plastic Hydrobath?

Thanks for the replies. You guys have been very helpful.

Regards

hydropooch

Petbarn - Penrith stock the HA Baths as do several other Petbarns. Jose` is the owner of Hydrobaths Australia and he'd be happy to help you out.

Sorry - don't know anyone with a plastic bath.

It is very good especially for long haired dogs esp shelties ( Right Hesapandabear). Being high pressure it cleans right down to the skin and removes all the dead hair ect. Much better on the back and dogs don't jump around as much as confined in the bath. Quicker all round I'd say.

Edit to say you can use hot water

and maggie luvs her hydrobath

post-12180-1169284926_thumb.jpg

Edited by magthedag

hydropooch - if you PM your email address to me I can send you a copy of the current information kits for the Autofill & Fixed Rinsing hydrobaths from HA (I also pitched in when Jose` was taking over & still have these on file here at home).

That way you'll have the information on hand when you go to make your enquiries :rofl:

I am a qualified engineer and have worked in product development over the years and I would be wary of a plastic hydrobath. All plastics degrade over time especially if they are subjected to heat and UV light. I am also not aware of any overseas manufacturer of plastic hydrobaths.

I too brought our fibreglass hydrobath from Conmurra for our business atleast 12 years ago and (TOUCH WOOD) I have never replaced a thing on it yet. I also brought our blow dryer the first day and that is still going strong. Maybe I should not of said that I may of jinxed myself! :laugh:

I have used a plastic one and did not like it as much as the Fibre glass one.

*Not as sturdy when dogs did move around a lot

*It was old and the plastic had chiped in a few places and had to be covered as it was sharp(it was on the out side so I got scratched not the dogs)

*When you put a heavy dog in the bath it made the edges bend in just a little but enough to make it hard to get the door lined up and down. (make sence?)

Does anyone have a plastic Hydrobath

I have one of the BARF shop ones and I have bee very happy with it. Very solid, big enough to take my biggest dogs and low enough for a shorta*se like me to reach to the bottom, even with it on a trolley. I have had it for almost 2 years, and even with it kept outside (albeit under the house eaves and with a BBQ cover over it) it shows no signs of stress, weathering or the like even with regular (though not quite full on commercial) use.

Does anyone have a plastic Hydrobath

I have one of the BARF shop ones and I have bee very happy with it. Very solid, big enough to take my biggest dogs and low enough for a shorta*se like me to reach to the bottom, even with it on a trolley. I have had it for almost 2 years, and even with it kept outside (albeit under the house eaves and with a BBQ cover over it) it shows no signs of stress, weathering or the like even with regular (though not quite full on commercial) use.

Espinay,

which model one do you have?Have been looking around for a hydrobath as will be selling my mobile dog wash business(it's a king's fiberglass trailer that has a built in hydrobath) as soon as i sell our house and will be needing a hydrobath for my own dogs

julie

I am a qualified engineer and have worked in product development over the years and I would be wary of a plastic hydrobath. All plastics degrade over time especially if they are subjected to heat and UV light. I am also not aware of any overseas manufacturer of plastic hydrobaths.

Are you sure you are an engineer? Have you not heard of HDPE or high density polyethylene? This material is not only UV stabilised which means it does not fade or change colour, it has been independently tested to have five times the impact resistance of fibreglass. HDPE is used to make wheelie bins, pontoons, wheel barrows, plumbing supplies, polycraft boats to name a few... Sorry, just get a little annoyed by unqualified posts.

GSDogs

Are you sure you are an engineer? Have you not heard of HDPE or high density polyethylene? This material is not only UV stabilised which means it does not fade or change colour, it has been independently tested to have five times the impact resistance of fibreglass. HDPE is used to make wheelie bins, pontoons, wheel barrows, plumbing supplies, polycraft boats to name a few... Sorry, just get a little annoyed by unqualified posts.

GSDogs

I refer you to the post by workingdogs

"I have used a plastic one and did not like it as much as the Fibre glass one.

Not as sturdy when dogs did move around a lot. It was old and the plastic had chiped in a few places and had to be covered as it was sharp(it was on the out side so I got scratched not the dogs). When you put a heavy dog in the bath it made the edges bend in just a little but enough to make it hard to get the door lined up and down. (make sence?)"

and I also get a little annoyed at commercial interests posting replies.

Edited by poodle3081

Maybe you should only reply to a post with researched answers, not just opinions based on nothing.. As a rotor mould producer, I think it important that I educate people on new innovative materials like HDPE. The bulk of our rain water tanks are made from this material.... It is a strong alternative to fibreglass and does not rust out like the old galvanised tanks. If you want more information of this product do a search on poly tanks. I am not advertising here in a commercial capacity whatsoever, just giving informed information based on facts. I have no commercial interest here, my company does not sell direct to the public.

Maybe you should only reply to a post with researched answers, not just opinions based on nothing.. As a rotor mould producer, I think it important that I educate people on new innovative materials like HDPE. The bulk of our rain water tanks are made from this material.... It is a strong alternative to fibreglass and does not rust out like the old galvanised tanks. If you want more information of this product do a search on poly tanks. I am not advertising here in a commercial capacity whatsoever, just giving informed information based on facts. I have no commercial interest here, my company does not sell direct to the public.

In my reply I suggested buyers be wary of plastic hydrobaths and it was backed up by the posting by "workingdogs". I do not back away from my initial comments regarding plastic materials which all breakdown over time irrespective of UV stabilisers. The facts are that if I subject HDPE to intense UV light and heat there will be changes in the material's properties as there would be with fibreglass. The material hydrobaths are made from needs to be researched by consumers and they need to be wary prior to purchasing as it is a large investment. As most consumers know the materials used in the manufacture of goods are geared to the cost to the producer rather than the longevity of the product. If I were to design a hydrobath I would manufacture it using stainless steel similar to some of the bathing systems in the US.