Getting Glue Out Of My Dogs Coat

Hi all,

I was wondering.... my pup has a show on Sat/Sun and I need to get some glue out of her coat. I've been washing it it warm water 2x daily and it seems to be working...... anyone know how to do it faster? NB - can't cut the hair.

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil? Even baby oil? Don't laugh and I know that this may be too much info but I know that the only way to really get wax off legs (mine that is) is to use oil. Ummmm failing that, I'm stumped. Good luck

i dont know what type of glue she has in her coat Leopuppy but you could try some orange oil on a tissue or wet one. You will probably need to wash and then condition the coat afterward as it is likely to strip.

Dont they make a product called goo off or something similar available at like Spotlight?

Good luck

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil? Even baby oil? Don't laugh and I know that this may be too much info but I know that the only way to really get wax off legs (mine that is) is to use oil. Ummmm failing that, I'm stumped. Good luck

I'll give that a try. I was thinking maybe eucalyptus oil but I don't want to burn her skin or cause any irritation. Of course i'll dilute all of these in water :nahnah:.

BTW - lol - not superglue :bottom:

Prepsol, if you can get your hands on some. I don't keep any since I gave up spray painting but you may be able to get some at Bunnings, a paint or automotive supply store etc.

Don't know what effect it will have on her coat though, but I used to get it on my hands all the times and it doesn't burn.

ETA what kind of glue is it? How much?

Edited by haven

You know, with chewy you can just stick your clothes in a plastic bag and pop the in the freezer overnight, the chewy just picks off :)

I don't think leopuppy's dog will like being put in the freezer :thumbsup:

You know, with chewy you can just stick your clothes in a plastic bag and pop the in the freezer overnight, the chewy just picks off :(

I don't think leopuppy's dog will like being put in the freezer :rofl:

:cry: No i was talking about AOs pants going in the freezer!

If it were on the dog you could use an ice cube or pack, but it probably wouldn't work for the glue.