Shameless Brag

We have had flea for just over 4 months. When we got her she was a crazy out of contol border kept in a small yard with all the typical bad habits includeing pulling your arm off to walk.

Training and proper understanding of her temprament and this is her now. I'm hoping to enter her at Warrnambool in march for CCD.

Here is Flea doing a recall. It's short but we have been having trouble with the wait part. It's getting better though.

Recall

Here is her Return This one is pretty sloppy but thats aleays the way when there is a camera Can any one tell me if you lose points for the dog touching you???

Return

And lastly one of her Healing. I hate how stiff I get when I know some one is watching.

Healing

Edited by LilBailey

Too bad we cant see the video, but congrats anyway. We went to Warnambool last year. It was great fun and stayed at the new caravan park on the river. We would be going again this time but thats the weekend when we move to Snake Valley. I am thinking of going to the Hastings one though at KCC. Anyway good luck!

Nice work Lil, she is working nicely :thumbsup: . Love the paws up in the recall sit in front :cheer: .Not sure if you would loose points in your case, I do traditional around the back finish. However just as an aside, your dog doesnt have to finish after the recall in CCD anyway, you must return to the dog (rather than the dog moving to you) so you will have a bit more time to practice it :cheer: .

BIG CONGRATS to you LB. Flea looks fantastic!!! Are we allowed to nit pick and offer advice?

Like Mrs D - I do the around the back finish - but I do know your dog does loose points for touching you - mine sometimes touches my hand when doing the recall and I always lose a point. I figure i'd rather loose a point for getting a nice, close finish rather than loose a point for a sit that is too far out.

Your heeling looks great. I love her heeling in a straight line - lovely attention and 'prancing'... still needs a little bit of work regarding your turns (perhaps try static turns?) and perhaps maintaining position (she sometimes gets ahead of you). I am not sure if we were meant to offer advice but thought i'll throw it in anyway - hey, you may already know that!

Anyway - you should be so proud of your work! You guys look like a team to be reckoned with!

Oh and Mrs D - I miss the baby puppy pic of Jonty.... on the table :cheer::thumbsup:

The difference in Flea is amazing, you would not think she was the same dog :thumbsup:. You have both done a wonderful job with her :D.

Here she is at training last week.. nice and calm....

post-2703-1170725347_thumb.jpg

Pick all you want. I don't go to club any more sosome one needs to.

I tried to teach her the normal return but it was slow and boring she taught her self the flip turn, she can do it better than that but she does knock me a bit so i will have to work on that.

She can turn better but always a bit wide and she rushes in front but then I guess I just need to turn a little faster.

I want to start teaching the sent discrimination while she is young and into it (all the training stuff) any idea where to get the articals from??

For the turns - try doing them next to a fence so that she can only go tight. She does exactly what my dog used to do - go wide and then come in nicely. Also helps if you throw some food out after doing a turn to encourage them to come around faster. I usually find the turns are wide coz of us holding the lead though :mad. You are doing a great job!

For the turns - try doing them next to a fence so that she can only go tight. She does exactly what my dog used to do - go wide and then come in nicely. Also helps if you throw some food out after doing a turn to encourage them to come around faster. I usually find the turns are wide coz of us holding the lead though :). You are doing a great job!

you are doing a great job considering you are doing it with out much help. with your recall you can not let your dog sit in front with two paws off the ground. i hope you dont mind the advice when you are doing the flip watch you body movements ,try and keep your upperbody as still as possible. if you move your shoulders to much it could be seen as 2nd signal. with your healing it is very good,but do not let your dog dictate pace practice doing different paces all the time so flea does not know what you atr going to donext so flea has to watch you. in your turns imagine that you are in very tight space and that you have only your body width to turn in and lastly also insist on a straight sit in front. i do hpe you do noy mind my hints to you. i f you stand just one more piece of advice please get some first hand experinced help before oyou start with your articles ud is hard enough and you can stuff up your dog veryquickly if you are not sure what you are doing

Oh and Mrs D - I miss the baby puppy pic of Jonty.... on the table :o :p

Sorry LP, I had to take something out to put updated pic in there :) :p .

:hug::rofl::o but he looked soo cute :o

ETA - mind you both your dogs are still incredibly cute but.... no fair!!!! *throws a tanty*!!

Edited by leopuppy04

Very nice dog. Lovely roses too!!!

BTW, you are tall, like me, and I have to make an effort with flip finishes to bend straight down (as much as I can) and hold my hand lower as a result, otherwise, my labs like your dog, jump UP while flip finishing. Sometimes every point helps when competing!!!

Just an idea.

mmoo: I can't go to the ocal club as I'm not welcome. I have a plan for training the articals I might add it as another thread for coments.

Lablover: I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. I will have a try and see if it make more sence. LOL

Very nice dog. Lovely roses too!!!

BTW, you are tall, like me, and I have to make an effort with flip finishes to bend straight down (as much as I can) and hold my hand lower as a result, otherwise, my labs like your dog, jump UP while flip finishing. Sometimes every point helps when competing!!!

Just an idea.

i am sorry to hear that you are not welcome at your local club but you can get help from other triallers all you have to do is just ask most are happpy to help.

Lablover: I tried it now I understand and it helped I'm sure in time it will stop her jumping on me.

Jimmy: I have been interested in dog training for years, I read books a heap when I was younger. I went to dog school too picked up on things that were happening to other people around me incase I needed it one day.

I read books and pick up on what I think makes sence and brush off what I think is stupid. I also take in things on here for other people.

Trial and error too :D Flea 4th dog of my own that I have tried to train I think I'm doing a good job.

mmoo: I know I can ask other trialers thats one of the reasons I posted on here I like to brag about her b/c I'm so proud of her but I like to hear the critiqes to.