Beagle Puppy Troubles

beaglenewb

yeah....

We played with him alot yesturday and he went to sleep early. He woke up at 12 am. Then we had the dreaded beagle yelping night that I fear of lol. This time, play with him at night to tire him out and so we all can have a peacefull night's rest

Give him a few weeks and you will only be getting up once a night to take him to the toilet. Thats all we did with Sam. Now she sleeps the night through and doesnt wake up at all.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah....

We played with him alot yesturday and he went to sleep early. He woke up at 12 am. Then we had the dreaded beagle yelping night that I fear of lol. This time, play with him at night to tire him out and so we all can have a peacefull night's rest

He will probably need to get up at least once during the night to go to the toilet regardless of how late you keep him up.

Mel.

Yeah

I think I taught him to sit ! Then he stopped doing after 15 minutes ??? I shook his toy in front of his face and the walked to a designated spot where I hid the toy behind my back. I said SIT and when the but hit the ground I pressed the clicker and gave him his toy. Is that correct ? He lost interest after 15 minutes. I heard that they get bored.

Remember puppies are babies :laugh:

They have a very short attention span, so you will get the most out of a training session if it is kept short. Maybe around 5 minutes if that. Also, did you do other things in that 15 minutes or just sit? 15 minutes of repetitions of sit is going to get boring for a puppy. Play with the pup, you can also start teaching recalls, TOT, chasing toys.

Yeah

I think I taught him to sit ! Then he stopped doing after 15 minutes ??? I shook his toy in front of his face and the walked to a designated spot where I hid the toy behind my back. I said SIT and when the but hit the ground I pressed the clicker and gave him his toy. Is that correct ? He lost interest after 15 minutes. I heard that they get bored.

That sounds like perfectly normal Beagle behaviour - mine is four months old and has a very short attention span. She gets so bored at puppy school, she needs constant mental stimulation or she loses interest.

You still haven't shown us any pics! :laugh: