Details For Chiro Needed Please

curlyking

Hi All,

Is someone able to tell me the contact details for both Kevin Kelly and Tony? please?

Am I correct in saying Kevin works from Devon Meadows pool (what is the address of that?) on Tuesdays from 2-4pm - no appointment just take pot luck and Tony works from home and you can make an appointment with him anytime?

Thanks to anyone in advance

Sue

Dont know who Kevin Kelly is, is it DogsInMotion you were looking at as i thought they only had a Physio not Chiro but that was awhile ago i enquired, anyway Tonys number is 9702 9027

Have you thought about using Barry Heywood?

Edited by tollersowned

Dont know who Kevin Kelly is, is it DogsInMotion you were looking at as i thought they only had a Physio not Chiro but that was awhile ago i enquired, anyway Tonys number is 9702 9027

Have you thought about using Barry Heywood?

Kevin Kelly apparently works out of the Devon Meadows pool. Dogs in Motion is the Doveton pool.

I usually use Barry Heywood but since he has cut his hours down I cannot get an appointment that fits in as i work full time.

I have found Kevin Kelly to be excellent. None of his methods were ever violent (and I had Kal to some great Chiro's before that) and not once did Kal ever let out a yelp or a whimper during his manipulations, and yet the improvement was great.

Kevin practices from the Devon Meadows Dog Swimming Pool. Assuming his hours/days of practice haven't changed, he works there from 4pm - 6pm on Wednesday afternoons.

You can't make an appointment to see Kevin. He see's dogs on a "first come, first serve" basis. You need to get there and write your name (and how many dogs you have for him to see) on a whiteboard. He usually will only see a maximum of 20 dogs. So, if you get there late and there's been lots of people in before you, you might be turned away for that day.

It's a pain, because it means you need to get there early and, if necessary, simply wait your turn.

I used to get there at 2.00 pm when the pool opened, so I could get my name down and be first on the list. Then I'd sit and read a book for a couple of hours. Took a chunk out of my work-time but was worth every bit of the effort. Sometimes I could have afforded to have waited until later to come, but often the whiteboard would already be filled to maximum come 2.10 - 2.30pm. Once or twice there was a really (unusually) slow day and I managed to see him even though I didn't get there until 5.00pm.

I have seen people who have come from as far away as Bendigo to see him. Without an appointment! That's how much some people think of him. Many breeders and sport-dog people use his services for their dogs too (including agility and racing greyhounds).

You can ring the pool to check that Kevin's hours/days of attendance haven't changed, but don't ask them to write your name in for you. :laugh: :shakehead: It won't earn you any brownie points.

The phone number for the Devon Meadows pool is 5998 2982. It is on Stanley Road (dirt road). Melways Map 138 Ref B9. It's marked on the map.

I've made this all sound rather difficult, but if you get there when the pool opens it's not so bad. He's so popular I guess he can afford to operate this way. If you want to get there later, you merely take a punt on getting to see him. He doesn't charge very much on each consult either. :eek:

Just out of interest what are his qualies?

Experience .... loads of it, as far as I'm aware. From memory, he's studied and has a good amount of veterinary knowledge. I found his knowledge ran far deeper than that of merely muscular/skeletal.

I don't know that he has any 'papered' qualifications. I went to him through recommendations (certainly not because of convenience). I went to him because through others (even very reputable) over a long period of time, I had not been able to achieve for Kal a well-being that I felt was possible. Kevin was able to succeed in this regard in a comparatively fast amount of time and it didn't take much more than a few visits before the results "stuck" (and Kal's probs had been ongoing for quite a while).

ETA: The people (there were more than one or two) who recommended I visit Kevin were all very dog savvy people, both in the 'working' dog field and agility sport field.

Edited by Erny

Neither of these people operate out of Dogs In Motion. We have a FULLY QUALIFIED ANIMAL PHYSIOTHERAPISTS who provide our physio service. One problem with these people not having formal qualifications is that this usually means no insurance. All good until something goes wrong.

One problem with these people not having formal qualifications is that this usually means no insurance. All good until something goes wrong.

Very big assumption to make that they have no insurance and to suggest that they are likely to do something wrong. Instead it would be best to enquire as to their experience, qualifications, associations a part of, if covered by insurance, etc. Chiropractic can be an area that needs to be carefully watched, particularly those that use overly forceful methods (or any other physical therapy performed in this manner). Remember skills and knowledge do not come from certificates alone.

Edited by NaturallyWild