Our First Demo

Ramses and I are part of the demonstration team performing on sunday!!! Im so excited, Maitland show will be our first then we have Tocal field day in May. Sunday in the main arena at 5pm Maitland dog obedience is having our demonstration, lets hope Ramses doesnt freak out with all the noise and what not :rofl: Im not sure how i will go with the nerves never done anything like this before, with somethign ive worked so hard at. Ah the excitement is setting in :rofl:

SLLH, just try to stay calm, I presume you are doing some heeling etc, just try to relax, unless you have to take your dog completely offlead & do recalls or something there's no need to be too nervous. I know, easy for me to say :rofl: but its true, after it's finished you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about & will be looking forward to the next one ;) .

I've been lucky enough to be part of a demo team at the Brisbane Royal in the main arena at 7pm at night - & despite all the noise, lights, cow & horse manure & other things going on all the dogs behaved well & it was a great sucess :rofl: .

Hope you have a great time - good luck :rofl: :rofl: .

You guys will be great! Demo's are fun & a great way to practice in different atmospheres. A bit of nerves are a good thing, it'll give you an indication of where you're at & let you see what you need to work on.

Just smile & have a good time.

Thanks guys :rofl:

Luckily we have training tomorrow morning, so last minute practise before the show. I am going to the show tonight with friends so i will get to check out the arena and what not, should be fun. He is getting bathed again before the show so he smells good :rofl: All the running around in the dirt and sand after a friday arvo bath isnt exactly what i had in mind for him :rofl: I shouldnt really be nervous seieng how we are in the second class from the top :rofl:

Having a three year old daughter allows me to legally watch playschool. The other day there was a lady who appeared with a lab that was supposed to integrate her dog in with a childrens story. The dog did not want to play the game unfortunately, ;) I felt sorry for her owner/trainer, just a bit embarrasing. At least you wont be on national T. V!! :rolleyes:

hahahah well yes at least thats 1 feature i dont have to worry about doghouse :laugh: Yay!! sammy i guess ill see you there then :) After todays effort its going to take a big bloody miracle to get my lump of lard dog to move ;) he was so bored and slow at dogs, given it was hot yes but he better NOT!! take a leak in the middle of circle work like he did in practise today!!!!!

Pretty good! I wasnt nervous when i went on thank doG. He was excellent afterwards aswell!!! I am so proud!! We went and had an excellent time going on lots of rides and he was even very well behaved around the shetland ponies, he has never seen a horse before in his life!! We watched the daredevil motorshow thing and with all the super loud explosions he was fine!! I was freaking out at the fireworks, they were so lound and right on top of us, meanwhile Ramses is sniffing the ground looking for food!!! :o typical labrador :laugh: Out of the whole day only 1 kid asked could he pat the dog and 2 ladies at a show stand asked was he a SHORT HAIR GOLDEN RETRIEVER!!!! i mean WTF!!! The rides were awesome and ramses was so patient. We have had a full day!! obedience in the morning , obedience in the arvo and then being walked around the show ground all night!! what a weekend we have had :)