A Demon Has Possessed My Puppy!

Danois

Angus has had a real change in behaviour and I am not sure if it is just a stage????

All of a sudden he is pulling on the lead after 6 weeks of being good - maybe it is because he now has all this confidence and fear has not yet been learned?

He is jumping up on me a lot more and even turning my back on him and walking the other way is not working on him.

He is turning a deaf ear in the park when called to come despite knowing the command very well.

He is still sleeping on his bed on the bedroom floor at night but sneaks on the bed in the middle of the night when I am asleep. I can't tell him off cos of time passed but he is put back on the floor.

He has started grabbing me around the wrist and tugging me.

He has also started peeing on his night bed if it is left down - I think this is a way of ensuring he is allowed to sleep on the bed - he gets thwarted as I have a back up now!

Please tell me this is a stage!!! He is 16 weeks on Monday.

yep sounds like the naughty stage, my pup went deaf and stupid a couple of days ago as well. Just be firm , don't panic and don't give into the behaviour. It will pass . However whatever you do , try not to lose your cool. You can really set a dog back if you do your block in this stage (in my view, before I get flamed)

Thanks guys! I am making sure I am asserting my dominance as the scratches down my back get a little painful - he can reach very high!!

Little does he know that in about 3 weeks time he will be leaving something behind when he visits the vet! Both testicles have already descended.

I have to admit to getting cranky with him a couple of times which I hated doing so cuddles afterwards - I ignore him when I come home, turn my back when he jumps etc, do my things and then acknowledge him etc

Right - must be off - I am about to make myself unpopular and give him a bath! Hmmmm...he must have heard that thought cos he just farted..... :thumbsup:

he he :thumbsup:

Certainly sounds like the 16-20 week stage of NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY Puppy..

Might be the moon, my problem child 18 week old is doing exactly the same and then some.. Hang in there, with guidance and discipline they settle by 6 months (depending on the breed - what breed is he??), if not you are in for some fun.. :laugh:

He is a great dane so he is 24kgs of fun!!!

He is being so contrary - I went out for an hour this morning and left him to have free run of the house (as opposed to being confined to one room). I left a pee pad down for him in the usual spot- he did not touch it (not even shredding it which is the fun new game!) but went out into my little side courtyard and did 1s and 2s on the pavers - which I want him to be doing when he has free run so I was very pleased to see that. However, despite the whole house being open as it is over 30 degrees at the moment, he just snuck off and peed on the shower floor!!!!

Does anyone have a two year old child they want to swap???? :thumbsup:

He is a great dane so he is 24kgs of fun!!!

:thumbsup: and your worried now!

Just you wait, Sway steals things right in front of me then bolts off with them.

Last week at training she would not behave at all.

Has taken to lifting the toilet lid with her nose to drink the water :laugh:

But i will swap you a miss 6 if your interested :laugh:

Shower - flat floor so waltzes in etc - probably actually a response to the fact he had a shower today for his bath!!!

I am with you on the theft swaY - he loves to bolt off with my clothes, especially when I am getting dressed and I have lost track of how many knee highs he has ruined!!!

Angus has had a real change in behaviour and I am not sure if it is just a stage????

All of a sudden he is pulling on the lead after 6 weeks of being good - maybe it is because he now has all this confidence and fear has not yet been learned?

He is jumping up on me a lot more and even turning my back on him and walking the other way is not working on him.

He is turning a deaf ear in the park when called to come despite knowing the command very well.

He is still sleeping on his bed on the bedroom floor at night but sneaks on the bed in the middle of the night when I am asleep. I can't tell him off cos of time passed but he is put back on the floor.

He has started grabbing me around the wrist and tugging me.

He has also started peeing on his night bed if it is left down - I think this is a way of ensuring he is allowed to sleep on the bed - he gets thwarted as I have a back up now!

Please tell me this is a stage!!! He is 16 weeks on Monday.

It sounds as if puppy to starting to learn what pushes your button and what works and what doesn't. I would highly reccomend you head out to the book store and purchase a book called Dog Listener by Jan Fennell. IMO you need to nip this in the butt pronto.