Lure Coursing - Kcc Park - Who's Going

Mar 18

GM 2pm & Twilight Lure Coursing KCC Park 4pm-

NOTE: All dogs participate at the owners risk.

These guidelines have been developed to facilitate enjoyable and safe Lure Coursing events for all participants. The Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Victoria Inc. requests that you please follow these guidelines.

· Bring your VCA membership card or proof of alternative Dog Club Membership or VCA Insurance payment proof to every event and keep it with you for ease of reference when purchasing a ticket.

· All persons attending lure coursing at KCC Park need some form of VCA insurance coverage. If you need to purchase VCA Insurance, please bring $6.50pp to cover that cost. This covers you for 12 months at VCA sanctioned events.

· Bring gold coins for payment for each individual ticket, to minimize delays in processing.

· RRCV members are invited to run their dogs 1 hour prior to commencement of general coursing and tickets will be $1.00 for two laps. Example, if lure coursing is scheduled for 4.00pm - RRCV members can run from 3.00pm to 4.00pm sharp. These tickets cannot be used during general public lure coursing. However RRCV members can purchase tickets during public coursing for $1-00 per run (2 laps). Tickets will be sold at the gate.

· Ticket sales will commence half hour prior to commencement of public lure coursing. Initially sales will be for one ticket only. More tickets will be sold at times to be determined by the RRCV committee. We do encourage group runs for dogs suitable to do so and there is further information on group runs below. Our intention is to give all participants one run before the second round of ticket sales will commence. You will be asked how many dogs you intend to run on your ticket - please answer honestly as we will be keeping records and checking. If you have more than one dog and intend to run your dogs on single runs only your tickets will not have consecutive numbers.

· The general public lure coursing will not commence before the scheduled start time.

· The ticket cost for general public lure coursing is $2.00 for 2 laps.

· Puppies under 6 months are not recommended to run but will be giving a 'starters taste' free of charge. Please speak to a RRCV committee person on the day.

· Puppies between 6 - 12 months can run for 1 lap at a cost of $1-00.

· When the event commences, follow the instructions of the RRCV officials with regard to assembly points and timing to assist in streamlining the process. Always be prepared for assembly prior to your ticket number being called so that there are no unnecessary delays.

· It is the responsibility of ticket holder to be at the gate when their number is called.

· Upon direction from event organisers, take your dog from the entry gate directly to the start point and follow any instructions given.

· Remove the lead and/or any correction collars, harnesses etc. that could potentially become caught during the run. We ask that a fixed collar be placed on your dog to assist with catching and removal.

· After the run commences, walk directly to the finish point to watch, meet and collect your dog. Please catch your dog and place on lead immediately. RRCV officials will assist with dogs at the finish if required.

· When your dog is secured please leave the enclosure immediately.

· Dogs that leave/ignore lure are to be collected promptly and placed on lead for removal. The lure operator will give plenty of opportunity to chase and it will be his/her decision when the run is over.

CATERING:

· Sausage Sizzle $2.00 per snag in bread.

· Soft Drinks and bottled water $2.00 each

The RRCV recommends that participants bring chairs, a stake & tether for your dog, water & bowl and portable shade such us an umbrella or collapsible shelter.

COLLARS: It is strongly recommended that all dogs have a fixed collar to wear whilst chasing the lure (i.e. NOT correction chain/collar)- it makes for a safer run and easier catching at the end.

GROUPS: We encourage group runs as it can be very enjoyable for the dogs and creates a spectacle for onlookers, however before running your dogs as a group please consider their safety and the role of the lure operator. As a group, dogs are more likely to injure each other by crashing into one another and sometimes an over exuberant dog may take to chasing the other dogs, which is sometimes not appreciated by the other dogs. It is therefore necessary for you to be sure your dogs will work together and behave accordingly. When the enclosure has more than one dog running the lure operator must attempt to keep an eye on them all so as to avoid causing injury to any dog that grabs the line or bites at a pulley - so please take this into account when running your group. Groups can run on one ticket. When you line up to purchase your tickets you will be asked how many dogs will be running on that ticket - please be honest as we will be recording and checking the numbers. There will be no more than 4 dogs per group run.

WEATHER CONDITIONS: In case of extreme weather conditions (inclement or above32C) lure coursing will not be run. If you are in doubt about the event being held, please contact Darren Stebbings on 0410 407 618 on the day for an update.

These guidelines will be amended and updated over time as we identify room for improvement. Your constructive feedback will be appreciated. IF AT ANY POINT YOU ARE UNCLEAR OR UNSURE OF WHAT TO DO PLEASE ASK - the RRCV is there to help.

Mar 18

GM 2pm & Twilight Lure Coursing KCC Park 4pm-

Are you moving on to KCC Park when RSPCA finishes? Lure Coursing ticket sales are at 3.30pm What time is your last Flyblll Demo run at RSPCA? (think Easties are running it, last time I had Frodo there it was a Berwick-run demo). I wouldn't have minded going to both, but didn't think there would be time to drive to KCC Park, after packing up flyball after the last run. Plus then means missing training for Rheneas in the morning: dilemma - can't do everything.

Word of warning, i was out there today and the ground is in very bad shape. There are lots of cracks in the ground.

So unless something dramatical happens between now and then we wont be there, too hazardous especially for the faster dogs.

Guest Clover

We were going to go but if the ground is bad it will be no good for Tinny.. dont want the girl to hurt herself. We will see what happens though.

I didnt know it was in a bad way either till someone else told me would hate too have turned up let the dogs run and they hurt themselves badly.

If tomorrow is nice as today i will be going back out there for the water, so will take some photos and show you what it is like.

Edited by tollersowned

Guest Clover

There is a 70% chance of rain tomorrow in Melbourne, but probably not enough to soften the grounds :cry:. I dont think we will go.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have been a bit slack in not advertising this lure coursing so thanks to CrashTestDummy for getting it up.

I looked at the grounds last week at Earth Dog practice and it seemed okay - no worse than usual! It is uop to the individual to make the call as to whether they come or not.

Tollersowned - those rules and guidelines have been in place for many months and are posted on the RRCV website. When we advertise we always refer to the guidelines which have been put in place for smoother running.

Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Darren - RRCV.

I was at KCC park a few days ago and the cracks where still there - it was also covered in sheep poo.

That said, it's been pretty wet these last few days so it may be better.

I'm heading down there this morning for obediance - happy to report back when i get home.

Unfortunately the offlead area was being used pretty much all morning so i couldn't get in to have a look.

That said - the oval area where they do the dog training is soft - and is even full of lush grass.

Lot's of dogs running in the off lead area so makes me think it's improved.