Training Partners - Updated

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - Jules - sorry I didn't reply to your PM - I'll say no from me for Monday - next time!!

Berwick trial - maybe/maybe not - depends on Kinta as she may have an assessment that day and I might be entering the agility trial on the sat :laugh:.

So i'll either be at Berwick or Mornington..... slight preference to Berwick :rofl:

sorry w didnt make it guys

my son ate an easte egg with filling and it had nuts in it he had a pretty bad reaction to them and had to sit at the hospital for ages but hes ok now thast the trouble when you put a mix of eggs in abowl you dont always realise they have nutty creme filling

We were wondering where you were Stella, glad he's ok

Had a great time, was great to meet everyone :laugh:

Was good to see others having run throughs, and makes you think about what you do yourself

Ed was a bugger with his recall but great with his stays! :thumbsup: finally some work paying off lol

Need to do lots more work on our figure 8's

Oh and Jules, I was thinking with his chain, in a trial I will clip it so its a collar not a chain, then I won't have to worry about the links

Edited by shoemonster

Shame you didn't make it WMR but glad to hear your son is ok.

It was great to meet everyone, gave me lots to think about. I tried a couple of different toys when I got home to try and hype Brock up - he was scared of most of them! What a sook. Reckon I could use the cat but don't think the cat would like it much! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about one of those on a bit of string. He does like playing with little furry critters. Is very gentle with them, just puts them in the middle of the garden and then herds them up. Don't think the critters like it, I have to keep going and rescueing them!

Hi everyone,

Yeah Shoey, not much happens in the dog world up here. There are no informal training "get togethers up here :rofl:

Jules, now that would really confuse Oscar :laugh: He would'nt know which side to break his stay on ;) Although the main problem yesterday seemed to be laziness by dropping during the sit stay because of the sunshine (or brainfade).

He being an only dog, coupled with his sexual maturity (and entire) is another problem I think. I was thinking to actually give him a pop on the checkchain next time, but I dont think it would do much good. I'm hoping for a change when he loses his manhood.

Its quite frustrating as breaking stays are usually easy to fix. The laziness only seems to happen during group stays, but not under any other level of distraction. ;)

Glad to here your son is ok WMR! No need to appologise, family first.

Its complicated!

I work weekends, (start after lunch time) so ATM, I am training one of the lower classes (class 2), where they only do onlead stays. Classes 3 and 4 are on when I have to leave, so atm I am just getting in a quick sit stay before class starts, which is under very high distraction, but still different to formal group stays, even know in theory they are less distraction compared to roaming off lead dogs running all around him!

I wonder if he is doing it because he thinks he can get away with it because you feel less able to correct him in case you disrupt the other dogs? Going back to doing stays on the lead might be good for him anyhow. The correction time is too long if you are a couple of meters away, the dog has already had its win by the time you get back. I usually go right back if I encounter a problem.

It is much easier to give advice on here then in person ;)

Yes Jules, i'm not scared of taking a few backward steps, but I still need the group situation to set him up.

I think we were all a little reserved yesterday while we were probing around with everones personality, but we were all fine by the end of the day. It was good to put a faces to names!

RoxysMum: I forgot to ask the breed background of your dog? Lightning recall!