Training Partners - Updated

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WMR

Happy to meet up anywhere in Melbourne. I have the whole day without the kids and work. I really need to work on group stays with other dogs. I dont get the opportunity to do them at club anymore. I need some good proofing because I think I will enter him in the Berwick trial in May.

I'll be at kcc Sat and Sun for shows, but if OH is ok with it I might come Mon to Berwick

Not sure if you'll want Ed on your stays unless you want distractions, he is having stay issues at the moment so would do him good, he can be rock solid one second and then it all goes

Would love to meet you though DD, is Jules still wanting to meet with us as well?

LP, weren't we doing this for everyone as long as they had trialling in mind? As in those close, aiming for or already started trialling

Just a question. If you open it up for everyone, even if they have only just started out, wont it end up being the more experienced people having to help the less experienced the whole time instead of getting together to train their own dogs?

I thought you initially meant it for people who were trialling or just about to, so they could get together and train and bounce ideas off each other etc. Rather than an instructor student set up kind of like a club.

I think it is mainly people who are about to trial who are coming anyway isn't it?

I have made myself a goal that I will have done my first trial this year (I know I made that goal last year, but I may have been a little eager! :D) He could do it now on a good day, but Id like to get him a little more solid and not just hope for a fluke! lol

I think Berwick is about the same distance from Jule's place as Croyden is so she might come there instead? JulesP where are you?!

LP, weren't we doing this for everyone as long as they had trialling in mind? As in those close, aiming for or already started trialling

Just a question. If you open it up for everyone, even if they have only just started out, wont it end up being the more experienced people having to help the less experienced the whole time instead of getting together to train their own dogs?

I thought you initially meant it for people who were trialling or just about to, so they could get together and train and bounce ideas off each other etc. Rather than an instructor student set up kind of like a club.

Yeah I guess so - I just didn't really want to exclude anyone....and also - I have an 8mth old that I want some training tips on and she is nowhere near trialling - a few people have younger pups too.... and I kinda want 'trialling' advice not dog club advice if ya know what I mean....

How about - it is open for anyone close too, already started or aiming for trialling.

If you have trialled before/ currently trialling you can bring younger dogs along to get some help with 1-2 parts of training?

sounds good if you have trialled you already have an idea we culd have a beginnner trianing day seperate for people interested in trialling but havent gotten near that far yet

though as i said im happy to leav the pookies home and help people nstead im only bringing them for the outing

Sounds good

DD berwick is at Mckenzie lane, NarreWarren North Vic

To get to it you go on the SE freeway til you get to the narre warren north road exit, (fountain gate shopping centre) and turn left off the freeway

Then turn left into fox road, follow that around the bend and right into McKenzie Lane

Gawd. I was waiting to hear back from people about times for Croydon. Berwick is probably the same distance as Croydon so am happy to go there. If Berwick is easier for the other more southern people then that is cool. I may be slightly carsick after driving over them there mountains though :D

I think most of us are after the same advice - the 'do you realise you are walking crooked' type stuff?? I think?? The smartening up type stuff. and I want lots of different people to poke my pup :love:

Anybody else thinking of entering the Berwick trial?

I will be entering with either one or both of mine. Hoping for a home ground advantage LOL

So what time is it Monday? I have trialled before.....if you want to call it that :D LOL

Anybody else thinking of entering the Berwick trial?

yep i think i might be going to this trial too :D

Dogdude.....i lost your number can u PM me it again, i will give u a call after Easter and see if u want to do some training :love: have been alil busy and now am going away over Easter so hopefully talk to u soon :love:

hope the training on monday goes well

sam