Sad, Sad Day At Ellz

ellz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everybody. The old boy has left a hole that's impossible to fill. Mr Ellz is inconsolable, they were two grumpy old men together. I'll paste here a eulogy that I wrote for another list. I still can't read it without crying so please forgive any spelling mistakes, it's hard to type when the screen is blurry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Rainbow Bridge has another occupant.

R.I.P. Aust Ch Gamester Street Machine - 6th June 1997 - 12th April 2007.

You were the breed standard to a T...."bold, fearless and totally reliable". Your spirit will live on in our memories. Our laughter and tears today are a testament to the hole you have left in our hearts. There will never be another Reginald.

You were the sex police, the nicotine police and the drug squad. It's a miracle we ever managed to have children because affection wasn't affection unless Reginald was in the middle of it. You burped and farted your way through life with the biggest smile on your face and you epitomised "joidevivre".

You gave me wonderful memories. My first time handling a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. My first Specialty CC win. My first Specialty BIS win (191 entries). Runner Up Best In Group (Group II) at the Royal Hobart Show under Michelle Billings (my dream come true!). You protected me when you thought there was danger. You kissed me when you thought I needed cheering up and NOBODY in our household EVER had dirty ears or faces because you took that part of your job very seriously indeed.

The sun isn't as warm and the tears are hotter than I can ever remember. The girls are looking for their mate and for a change the food bowls are full. Nanny Ford's Malteser packet is in her handbag and she hasn't had to hide her handbag to stop you from finding it.

God, if he gives you so much as an ounce of trouble, or backchats you when you tell him off, or hogs the bed, or burps in your face, or steals your socks and puts a hole in them, you're very very welcome to send him back. We understand him and are more than happy to put up with his little quirks just to have him in our lives again.

The world just doesn't look the same any more. R.I.P. Reginald, my boofy-snodge, my smelly old mate. The days can't go fast enough until we're together again. Don't put a hole in that tennis ball too quickly, I'm not sure if they've got tennis balls in that particular colour over that stupid bridge.

I love you old man.

My god that's so beautiful and so honest

RIP sweet man

Bonniescot

The Rainbow Bridge has another occupant.

R.I.P. Aust Ch Gamester Street Machine - 6th June 1997 - 12th April 2007.

You were the breed standard to a T...."bold, fearless and totally reliable". Your spirit will live on in our memories. Our laughter and tears today are a testament to the hole you have left in our hearts. There will never be another Reginald.

You were the sex police, the nicotine police and the drug squad. It's a miracle we ever managed to have children because affection wasn't affection unless Reginald was in the middle of it. You burped and farted your way through life with the biggest smile on your face and you epitomised "joidevivre".

You gave me wonderful memories. My first time handling a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. My first Specialty CC win. My first Specialty BIS win (191 entries). Runner Up Best In Group (Group II) at the Royal Hobart Show under Michelle Billings (my dream come true!). You protected me when you thought there was danger. You kissed me when you thought I needed cheering up and NOBODY in our household EVER had dirty ears or faces because you took that part of your job very seriously indeed.

The sun isn't as warm and the tears are hotter than I can ever remember. The girls are looking for their mate and for a change the food bowls are full. Nanny Ford's Malteser packet is in her handbag and she hasn't had to hide her handbag to stop you from finding it.

God, if he gives you so much as an ounce of trouble, or backchats you when you tell him off, or hogs the bed, or burps in your face, or steals your socks and puts a hole in them, you're very very welcome to send him back. We understand him and are more than happy to put up with his little quirks just to have him in our lives again.

The world just doesn't look the same any more. R.I.P. Reginald, my boofy-snodge, my smelly old mate. The days can't go fast enough until we're together again. Don't put a hole in that tennis ball too quickly, I'm not sure if they've got tennis balls in that particular colour over that stupid bridge.

I love you old man.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this picture of Reginald as a puppy and had to share it. This was his favourite sleeping spot in the house we lived in when we first got him. In this spot, he could survey the world when awake, and snore his life away the rest of the time.

post-864-1179219276_thumb.jpg