Steven R Lindsay Seminar

Hi guys,

Just letting you all know that we have confirmation that Steven Lindsay, author of the the 3 most acclaimed manuals of dog training & behaviour (Handbook of Applied Dog Training and Behavior volumes 1-3), will be hosting a seminar in Australia next year around March. Because it's only early days yet no date or venue has been selected, however if you do want to be on a mail listing to attend this very special occasion, I would suggest emailing the NDTF on

[email protected]

or call them

1300 44 66 44

This would be the sort of seminar that professionals and canine groups would benefit from rather than general dog owners. In addition to this, I believe the seminar will most likely be held in Sydney with a special, invite only presentation in Melbourne.

Very exciting stuff! :thumbsup:

Glenn

Hey Jeff!! You get to meet me!! :laugh:

Your shout for lunch. :love:

I think this is a perfect opportunity for you to show us how well your dog is trained and have him prepare a three course meal for everyone. :shrug:

I trust that you will have your dog at the ready with the dish cloth and tea towel, for the washing and tidying up process? :)

In all seriousness though, I won't be bringing him up to Sydney. So yours will be the one who will also need to be in charge of culinary preparations :)

Hey Jeff!! You get to meet me!! :rofl:

Your shout for lunch. :)

I think this is a perfect opportunity for you to show us how well your dog is trained and have him prepare a three course meal for everyone. :cheer:

I trust that you will have your dog at the ready with the dish cloth and tea towel, for the washing and tidying up process? :D

In all seriousness though, I won't be bringing him up to Sydney. So yours will be the one who will also need to be in charge of culinary preparations :rofl:

I will make sure he leaves you some kibble. :D

Hopefully the details for the seminar are worked out soonish as it is a pita applying for rec leave through work.

i ve never seen or read any of his stuff befor any more info about the guy all i have found is the 3 books he has written

any thing about his back ground in training would be great

Hey Nath, not sure if you found this information in doing your research but here is a quote relating to his background.

Steve R. Lindsay, MA, is a dog behavior consultant and trainer who lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he provides a variety of behavioral training and counseling services. In addition to his long career in working with companion dogs, he previously evaluated and trained highly skilled military working dogs as a member of the U.S. Army Biosensor Research Team. Mr Lindsay also conducts workshops and is the author of numerous publications on dog behavior and training.

I'm thinking of driving, extending the stay a little and bringing the dogs too so that means there will be room in the commodore for an extra person who wants a lift :eek:

yeah dates would be good as getting leave from my work late is like asking for a $1000 cash ... you know there is no point because your chance is very very slim :rofl:

I got this from them

Thank you for your interest in the NDTF National Conference 2010. We are extremely pleased to announce for the first time in Australia Steven Lindsay, (Handbook of Applied Dog Behaviour and Training Vol I, II & III) as our keynote speaker. Our 2010 conference will be running on the weekend of March 13, 14 & 15 in Sydney, (Venue to be confirmed).

Please be advised that the NDTF Conference is not recommended for people with no previous training or experience in dog/animal behaviour. Our speakers will be talking at an Intermediate to Advanced level that will be extremely difficult for those with no relevant training and/or background to comprehend. Individuals with formal qualifications in animal training, psychology and/or behaviour will benefit highly from attending. The minimum recommended level of education is a Certificate III in Dog Behaviour and Training.

Our conference is designed to cater for those persons working or involved in the dog industry, especially those involved in modifying and/or dealing with canine behaviour. The conference is also highly recommended to personnel from agencies/organisations involved in dog training (Police, Quarantine, Assistance Dogs, Military, Law Enforcement & Detector Dog Agencies, etc.).

As we are only at the preliminary stage, we welcome expressions of interest. Now that we have received your enquiry we will add you to our database. As soon as further details become available, they will be forwarded on to you immediately.

Again, thank you for your enquiry.