What Shampoo Will Make My Dog Smell Delicious?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Aloveen is definitely worth a try, but where do you guys get it from? Can you buy it in stores, or do you have to buy it online?

I know I get mine at my Vet's but I do think you can get it at some pet supply stores too.

I use Aloveen but I'm not that wrapped in the smell, the condtioner is really excellant and the small does last last for some time. I've also tried squirt - don't like it but I dislike coconut smells (too many bad memories of suntan oil). The shaompoo that has the best smell IMO s Fido's White and Bright and Lustre Aid spary has a brilliant smell for a quick freshen up.

O.K I'm going to have a look to see what I can buy locally, because to buy a small amount online, you pay more for the postage, than the product.

Wiemlover, I've noticed you're on S. A like me, do you happen to know of a good place to buy supplies like dog shampoos in the North East of Adelaide?

I like the idea of the freshen up spray. My dog could definitely do with a fresher smell between washes.

Edited by Sally

O.K I'm going to have a look to see what I can buy locally, because to buy a small amount online, you pay more for the postage, than the product.

Wiemlover, I've noticed you're on S. A like me, do you happen to know of a good place to buy supplies like dog shampoos in the North East of Adelaide?

I like the idea of the freshen up spray. My dog could definitely do with a fresher smell between washes.

I'm in the North East area too. :o I buy all of my doggie products either online or at Petstock at Parafield. It's a HUGE store and they have a great range of, well, everything! And yes they sell the Aloveen shampoo and conditioner. You can buy them seperatley or they also sell them together in a pack. Hope this helps! :D

Thanks Cassie!!! I'll check out petstock. I'm guessing it's where Bunnings is??? I'll look in the phone book to make sure. Sounds like it will be a fun place to check out, as well as get the Aloveen.

Hey Sally yes that's the one, right next to Bunnings! You can't miss it! You're allowed to take your dog there too, provided they're on lead and well behaved. They have a self-serve doggy wash there too! LOL can you tell it's my favourite store??? :p

Sorry, I'm yet to find the perfect shampoo & conditioner :p . Our local Petstock has the best local prices and don't sell live animals :banghead: .

I have some human "Dermaveen" shampoo and conditioner- smells a bit coconutty- wonder if it's similar to Aloveen? Might try it. Don't like it on my hair, much.

Any suggestions for good shampoo & conditioner for poodles?

I use the Aloveen Leave In Conditioner in between washes as a 'freshener'. I know groomers who dilute it in a spray bottle for this purpose aswell.

I used to use the Bio Groom deodorisers for clients dogs, but found that it only really lasted a couple of hours. I think I am going to have to break from my Aloveen obsession and try the Plush Puppy products soon as they also get highly rated on this site.

Sorry, I'm yet to find the perfect shampoo & conditioner :banghead: . Our local Petstock has the best local prices and don't sell live animals :cry: .

I have some human "Dermaveen" shampoo and conditioner- smells a bit coconutty- wonder if it's similar to Aloveen? Might try it. Don't like it on my hair, much.

Any suggestions for good shampoo & conditioner for poodles?

PW Sorry I have no real suggestions except Aloveen (I've been using it that long!) :p

But I just wanted to add that I didn't think you good use human shampoo on dogs - something about the different Ph levels. Possibly different chemicals too, I'm not sure.

But I don't really know what's in Dermaveen, so I wouldn't know exactly, but I'd be looking in to it first.

Someone else might know though. :mad

Maverick is washed in Aloveen and he smells devine we buy it from the Vet shed it was cheap there for the big bottles.

I did import some cranberry fields miracle shampoo and conditioner from the USA and it has cranberry seed oil,honey extract, shea butter and soy bean extract in the shampoo with an oatmeal fragrance. the conditioner has organic herbal extracts of rosemary, comfrey and golden seal, aloe vera, wheat and soy proteins and a hint of lavender. The site is www.petzlife.com. However the customs can sting you with an import tax, so its not really worth buying unless you know how to bring the stuff into oz cheaply. :p

O.K I went out and bought the Aloveen shampoo and conditioner this morning, I can't wait for doggy wash day (Wednesday) to come around now :p. I spayed myself with some dog cologne stuff, I think it was called finishing spray, but I didn't like it, and even though I washed my arm, I can't get rid of the smell! Doh!

Cassie, I didn't get to petstock today, as the vet next door to my supermarket had the Aloveen, but I'll definitely check out Petstock next time I go to Bunnings. I want to find some nice toys for my pooch :banghead:.

However the customs can sting you with an import tax, so its not really worth buying unless you know how to bring the stuff into oz cheaply. :banghead:

There shouldn't be a problem with Customs unless you're bringing the product in in commercial quantities. I've bought heaps of stuff from the US and have never had any issues. :p

Yet another Aloveen fan here too ;) Oh, and Squirt Shine spray for between baths :D

No wonder Bailey is so shiney Weimlover! Keesha is a cutie too! :D

Sorry I only just looked at this again :love: I buy my aloveen and squirt off of the Vet Shed. Even with the postage it works out cheaper :D

However the customs can sting you with an import tax, so its not really worth buying unless you know how to bring the stuff into oz cheaply. :wave:

There shouldn't be a problem with Customs unless you're bringing the product in in commercial quantities. I've bought heaps of stuff from the US and have never had any issues. ;)

Well thats what I thought, I purchased some oral care gel for Mav and the shampoo and conditioner and customs wanted $49.00.

Strange really as I have purchased other stuff from the U.S.A and its come in without being taxed. Mamas cocker spaniel is spoilt. :)