Ndtf - Who Is Doing Course Starting Soon?

Has anyone else signed up for the next distance ed NDTF session? Gillbear and I have!!!

How excited was I to get an email this morning saying that they are now hoping to offer the block sessions for us sydney siders in NSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news!!!

Means I can take one of my dogs - now which to choose - the slobbery dogue, the naughty malamute or the ridgeback with an insane fear of tall men........ :laugh:

Has anyone else signed up for the next distance ed NDTF session? Gillbear and I have!!!

How excited was I to get an email this morning saying that they are now hoping to offer the block sessions for us sydney siders in NSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome news!!!

Means I can take one of my dogs - now which to choose - the slobbery dogue, the naughty malamute or the ridgeback with an insane fear of tall men........ :thumbsup:

Bugger!!!

Means I still have to travel down to Melbourne for one more prac block.

Can I ask if they have said where they will hold the prac block if in Sydney??

I'm thinking about doing the course too :laugh: I'm debating whether or not to do it through distance ed or "on campus". I think it's a great thing to do to get into your dog's head...I'm sure there's a magic pill they give dog trainers to make doggies behave around them!! :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about doing the course too :rofl: I'm debating whether or not to do it through distance ed or "on campus". I think it's a great thing to do to get into your dog's head...I'm sure there's a magic pill they give dog trainers to make doggies behave around them!! :thumbsup:

Naaahh .... it's the logo's on our shirts and the words "dog trainer" printed on them. :laugh:

On campus would, I expect, be more intense - but probably more packed with practical work and experience. Check with NDTF regarding differences.

As I've mentioned to you previously - I think you would do well.

Edited by Erny

Guest rhapsodical78

Means I can take one of my dogs - now which to choose - the slobbery dogue, the naughty malamute or the ridgeback with an insane fear of tall men........ :thumbsup:

I'm doing the course at the moment. It's fantastic so far.

I'm thinking about doing the course too :party: I'm debating whether or not to do it through distance ed or "on campus". I think it's a great thing to do to get into your dog's head...I'm sure there's a magic pill they give dog trainers to make doggies behave around them!! :thumbsup:

Naaahh .... it's the logo's on our shirts and the words "dog trainer" printed on them. :rofl:

On campus would, I expect, be more intense - but probably more packed with practical work and experience. Check with NDTF regarding differences.

As I've mentioned to you previously - I think you would do well.

Aw, shucks, thanks Erny :party:

On/off campus will depend on how overextended the family could get over the coming months, we'll have a few foster kiddies coming (teenagers :laugh:) soon, and I wouldn't want to be missing classes because there's crises, slamming doors, and the shoutings of "it's just not FAAAAIIIIIIIR" :party: Distance might be the way to go, I'll give them a call on the morrow :rofl:

Hey, Winterpaws, you guys wanna be study buddies if I do the course? :)

Sorry to be a pain, but what is ndtf? I realise it's probably something easy but I can't figure it out.

:rofl: It's only easy when you know. It's only a few years ago when the initials didn't mean anything to many people here. Now it is like a household name.

It stands for National Dog Trainers Federation

Thanks, I was going for something dog something something. :laugh:

We did a puppy preschool/ob with Nelly our dogue, and we were taught 'bow' and 'watch' or 'focus'. My teacher person is fantastic.

I would love to do a course to broaden my knowledge (as little as it is).

They need a Sydney course. Anywhere within 45 mins of me would be fantastic...... Or closer... :):thumbsup:

The cost of the course is sent out in the information packs, so I would say no its not a secret. I believe the price goes up depending on how many addiotional units you choose to do?(I think thats right).

If you are interested contact the NDTF and they will send you out the info including the prices.

Guest rhapsodical78
Is the price of this course and the normal course a secret or something??

It's around three grand.

Is the price of this course and the normal course a secret or something??

It's around three grand.

Wow, that's quite a bit. How can I convince my OH I need it badly (apart from the fact that I do)? How did you justify it? :rofl: