Great Barko & Uncle Alber's

Would you be interested in either/both products?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Great Barko

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Not in Brissie but recommend it
    • No comment
  2. 2. Uncle Alber's

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Not in Brissie but recommend it
    • No comment

I'm looking into the possibility of getting a couple of bags of GB or UA - and of course being in Brissie i've discovered it isn't so easy. A place in Goodna stocks the product due to pressure from dog owners/breeders/showies in the area. I'm currently chatting to the manufacturer (lovely people!) about what it would take to get it up here...eg a few bags vs pallet, and if it must go to a store etc. And i'm finding that info out for 'a store' - eg if they can get me a couple of bags...or if it would have to be by the pallet load.

And before i get too carried away...i'm curious to see if there would be interest from any others in and around Brissie for the product?

ETA - not asking for people to pre-buy or such...just if there was enough of an interest even the store i deal with may be willing to consider getting in a pallet - but either way i'll see how things go :)

Edited by KitKat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From website

INGREDIENTS

Great Barko is formulated from a selection of the following ingredients. Cooked meat or meat by-products derived from beef, lamb, chicken, pork, cooked fish or fish by-products, fat, cooked cereals, wheaten bran. Canola and soy products derived from them. Lysine, methionine, antioxidant, bentonite, vitamins and minerals.

Vitamins: A, D3, E, K, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), B12, niacin, pantothenate, folic acid and biotin.

Minerals: Calcium, phosphorus, sodium, chloride, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, selenium and zinc

INGREDIENTS

Uncle Alber's is formulated from a selection of the following ingredients. Cooked meat or meat by-products derived from beef, lamb, poultry or pork. Cooked fish or fish by-products. Fat, cooked cereals and wheaten bran. Products derived from canola and soyabeans. Lysine, methionine, antioxidant, bentonite, vitamins and minerals.

Vitamins: A, D3, E, K, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6 (pyridoxine), B12, niacin, pantothenate, folic acid and biotin.

Minerals: Calcium, phosphorus, sodium, chloride, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, selenium and zinc.

We were given a sample of uncle albers our dogs went ballistic over it. so we tried to get some, well you would have to be joking. sent all the e-mails etc no reply. seems its some two headed S.A. company that don't know they have a good product.

hope my sarcasism gets some response. because I mean it looked like something good. :(

chris

I've had no problems via email...they contacted me the following day and have continued to do so - and they are sending me up some samples of both foods. However it looks like the only way to get it up here is by the pallet load...so the store i am hoping to get it thru may not be interested unless i can honestly say that at least a number of Brisbaneites are interested...

Mind you i think the stuff to buy is way cheaper then Bonnie and Supercoat...but apparently better then both..so if it doesn't have much interest yet it soon will!

Kitkat - I've never heard of either brand BUT... Have you asked if you could purchase whatever amount and get it delivered to a co-op? Then if they unload it from a truck, perhaps you could pick it up in a trailer, and store it at your home, and sell from there? Worth looking into?

-WithEverythingIAm

At the moment i'm thinking of checking out if any other produce stores etc get in some of the company's other products (horse/chook/cow/etc feeds) and see if they'd be happy to bring a few bags of GB or such up with their order.

Check with your local supermarket. They may well stock it for you if they have any Laucke Mills bread mixes etc on their shelves.

And yes, I've met very few dogs which don't like GB. Even my fussies love it and they have never looked better OR carried more weight and that is exactly what they need in our cold Tassie winters.

KK, we might be interested for the boofhead, she'll eat anything, let me know if you can get it or not, I'd happily try 1 bag at least & see how she goes on it.

Edited by MrsD