Plant Allergic

MDL

Hey,

I have been in this new home for about 3 months now. I have been wondering weather any of the plants are making the dog ichi? Sam, the staffy has been licking her feet every night now as she didn't use to and i heard that this *may* be a side that she is allergic to something.

More to the piont that i'm not a gardener so names of plants don't help me. Does anyone know a website or book that has pic's of plants that are bad for dog's.

Matthew

Unfortunatley it can be your grass, not necessarily something easy to get rid of.....wandering jew is usually the culprit though.

I have a couple of mine that always come in licking paws after rain or dew, they are very suseptible to it becoming dermatitis, so I have to dry their feet every morning & as much as possible when its raining.

I have a itchy dog too. I had lots of wandering jew, so spent hours pulling it up. Pup was still itching (mainly on his tummy and under arms). I decided that it wasn't the grass as it wasn't on his paws. Finally worked out which plant it was by watching were he was going and were he was sleeping. So my advice is spend some time observing were your dog is going!

Spot the Dog is allergic to wandering dew, and getting a job to support herself. I've found the best thing to alleviate the itch and stop her gnawing herself to death is "Pinnacle Herbal Cream" that you can order online. Would tell you that it works on the spot - but that would be a poor pun that could lead to some confusion. It works really well on lots of skin eruptions and cuts and stuff, (arthritis even!) so for about 38 bux, it's like having a first-year vet student in a jar.

:laugh: I think I have inch plant, turtle vine and possibly Scury weed is my garden! (Thanks for that link Hesapandabear)

We've just bought home our dally pup Forge yesterday, and I thought the outside of his ears looked red last night. He's been whining at apparently nothing all day today and has been stopping to lick his feet and tummy a fair bit too. I thought it may have been too much sun so I've kept him mostly in the shade, or that the grass was irritating him so I mowed this morning.

I think I have a lot of gardening to do...

Edited by belijae