Heartgard Tablets

Yes I always do it & have been for probably 10 years or so without any problem at all. Having 10 dogs it is the only way to be affordable. I do it for everything, worming, heartworming, and all flea treatments such as Advantix/Frontline etc.....I can usually get at least 4 dogs to one extra large dog treatment.

If your dog is 20kg I would still be inclined to give one tablet rather than half particularly as you are treating for heartworm. Find out how much of the active ingredient is in the tablets that do up to 22kg and if it is half the amount in the up to 45kg tabs then sure, if not I would continue with 1 tablet. Its too risky to chance Heartworm IMO.

Yes I do it all the time. As long as it is in tablet form and not the chewables, so the active ingredient is equal throughout.

I just realised I said "tabs" , but they are the chewables types I use .

My dog has always been on the Heartgard chewables , would it be a problem to change to another type/brand of tablets rather then chewables ? She's a 3 yr old ACD .

Check the active ingredients and make sure the dog is getting the same amount of each ingredient as they would for the normal medication.

I do it all the time for my cats & advantage. Buy an Over 25kg tube, and it did my Mother cat, and all 5 babies! MUCH cheaper than 1 x 6month box of Cats/Kittens up to 4KG. :rofl: Each cat/kitten got .4ml each of the liquid and the old boy who's over 4KG got .8ml. The tube was 4ml, so we had .8ml left!!! Just got to make sure you shake the liquid products up well first before drawing, and only draw enough for each cat/kitten application.

-WithEverythingIAm

I do it all the time for my cats & advantage. Buy an Over 25kg tube, and it did my Mother cat, and all 5 babies! MUCH cheaper than 1 x 6month box of Cats/Kittens up to 4KG. :rofl: Each cat/kitten got .4ml each of the liquid and the old boy who's over 4KG got .8ml. The tube was 4ml, so we had .8ml left!!! Just got to make sure you shake the liquid products up well first before drawing, and only draw enough for each cat/kitten application.

how do you know you get .4ml (and not .3 or .5 ml)?

I do it all the time for my cats & advantage. Buy an Over 25kg tube, and it did my Mother cat, and all 5 babies! MUCH cheaper than 1 x 6month box of Cats/Kittens up to 4KG. :) Each cat/kitten got .4ml each of the liquid and the old boy who's over 4KG got .8ml. The tube was 4ml, so we had .8ml left!!! Just got to make sure you shake the liquid products up well first before drawing, and only draw enough for each cat/kitten application.

how do you know you get .4ml (and not .3 or .5 ml)?

Because I use a syringe & Needle :o

-WithEverythingIAm