Arf Dog - Kirra

Staffyluv

Kirra was an older GSD x that was found in a car park in Queanbeyan by ARF Raelene and then rescued by ARF...

My sister fell in love with her the first time she saw Kirra... Kirra fitted in with the whole house straight away and soon showed her furry brother Champ who was boss... She was a lovely girl, who used to sit under my feet when I went to my sisters house (knowing full well, that it was only a matter of time before I snuck her a biscuit under the table)...

A few months ago, Kirra had a lump checked and it was found to be a very aggressive form of cancer...

Kirra lost her battle against that horrid disease last week...

Kirras family and furry brother Champ are devastated at losing her...

Goodnight sweet girl, you will be missed by all that knew you...

RIP Kirra

Jodie and Ollie dog

RIP Kirra, you sweet old thing. I remember bringing you to the Dogs' Dinner in the pouring rain ... you took it all in your stride.

Staffyluv, please thank your sister for giving Kirra a wonderful final home :laugh:

:) Farewell sweet Kirra... I fell in love with you at the ARF dogs' day out stall and was so very happy to meet you again in your lovely forever home... What a kind and caring family you found and how happy you must have been in your final years. Please pass on my condolences to your sister, Jodie - she did a wonderful thing for a lovely old girl and can be very proud of the love and devotion she shared with Kirra.

S:-)

So sorry. I remember her and trying to find rescue... She was so lucky to have had your family and a wonderful few months. Damn it wasn't longer, but she deserved the time she had to bless a home with her love and receive in same. R.I.P. Kirra. GSD's have a love that is hardly rivaled....

Oh Kirra.... I am so sorry to all the family, Jodie, on their loss.

She was indeed a very, very beautiful dog and one that we had nothing but pleasure in fostering. I still remember her waiting patiently at Woolies for someone to come out - but no one did (after an hour and a half)... and no-one tried to even look for her at the vets, nor the pound. Yet she was a dog that had done training in her life and had such a wonderful nature. I recall Cookie's puppies loving her to bits and I'd often find her walking through the house with a couple of baby puppies attached to her furry tail and skidding along the hard floor. And Cookie was more than happy for Kirra to puppy-sit whilst she caught up on a few human cuddles.

She was so well behaved. One that you wouldn't mind if she had, had to stay....

Jodie, I didn't realise she belonged to your sister!! She indeed had a very loved and loving time with her family, she was a lucky girl to have had you all!

Farewell Kirra, you were one of the special dogs on this earth.

Jodie, I'm so sorry that your family has been touched by cancer a second time.

Raelene