Where To Buy Nutro In Nw Sydney

I have been searching for weeks after reading about Nutro on here and could find only a Maleny website that sells it.

My local pet barn at Blacktown didn't know about it and pushes Science Diet....

Anyway I thought I'd check out Dural Pet Superstore on Old Northern Road today and yippeee!!! There it was.

Not sure if I got a good price, here's what I paid:

Nutro Indoor Cat 3KG $32.95

Nutro Dog Large Breed (Blue packet) 15kg $89.95

I got a 5% discount having bought two bags of Nutro and also got a container for both as well. The Dog food container is excellent and fits 15kgs and then some. (I'm a freak for animal food containers lol).

I know there are people like me on here who want to try this stuff and don't know where to find it so hopefully I'm helping someone here.

Can't wait to see what a difference it makes to Science Diet. Will let you know if a month or so :rolleyes:

Edited by ryally

Hi there,

Try the Natural Petstore. Its an online store based in the Sydney area. The service is fantastic and delivery is free for orders in the Metro area over a certain price. I get my Nutro from there.

Natural Petstore Link

Thanks so much Tangwyn :thumbsup:

I don't know why it didn't come up in Google for me. I've saved the link in my favs and will use them from herein (I'm all for home delivery, those bags are bloody heavy).

So far they're loving it. I'm still feeding them raw as well and supplementing it with the dry.

edit: double post

yeah - we feed our dog Nutro as well, as I had read so much about it on here. Have to admit though, have had great difficulty finding it - most pet food stores have never even heard of it, let alone stock it!

It is hard to find, and i go an email saying that the place where i usually buy it from isn't going to sell it any more because there isn't enough demand :(

Lucky i got a huge bag :rofl:

Nutro was only introduced into Australia in 2002, hence it is not widely known, but is becoming more popular.

It is avail in QLD and NSW through a number of suppliers, two retailers in VIC, was avail until last week in SA, but not anymore and not in TAS, WA or the NT.

Not all suppliers on the website are listed and that includes the internet suppliers :D

Edited by Hesapandabear

I recently tried raising a litter on Nutro, but at 10 weeks of age when they started getting bowed front legs I took them straight off it. I put them back onto Pro Plan Performance like normally feed my pups and within a wek they were straightening again. I know that I will never feed it again

Ian

Nutro's great - my dogs LURVE it - I'm sure yours will too!!!

-WithEverythingIAm

I recently tried raising a litter on Nutro, but at 10 weeks of age when they started getting bowed front legs I took them straight off it. I put them back onto Pro Plan Performance like normally feed my pups and within a wek they were straightening again. I know that I will never feed it again

Ian

I am also very surprised. All of my dogs are fed Nutro and my current litter has been eating Nutro from the start. One of my dogs has had nothing but Nutro since he started on solids and another one has been fed Nutro since she was 8 weeks old. We have not had any problems of any sort with it and I am more than happy to keep feeding my dogs and pups Nutro.

Ian

-WithEverythingIAm

Hello Ian

I am from the Australasian distributor of Nutro Choice, and I am wanting to let you know that we take any issue like this seriously. We have not, to the best of my knowledge, received any communication from you regarding the unfortunate problem you had with the litter. I note that you mention you have fed a "Performance" product from another company, and it would be valuable to know which formula you were feeding from Nutro's range? For example, our CHOICE ADULT PERFORMANCE is not recommended in any of our literature as a puppy food. Nutro offers 4 separate specific dry puppy formulas (soon to be a fifth) in the international markets although not all may be available in Australia right now. If you would like to contact me (James Brow) at [email protected] I would be pleased to co-ordinate with you and perhaps your veterinarian to try to establish what went wrong with your pups. We have an established and effective quality system, and stand behind our products.

Ian

-WithEverythingIAm

Hello Ian

I am from the Australasian distributor of Nutro Choice, and I am wanting to let you know that we take any issue like this seriously. We have not, to the best of my knowledge, received any communication from you regarding the unfortunate problem you had with the litter. I note that you mention you have fed a "Performance" product from another company, and it would be valuable to know which formula you were feeding from Nutro's range? For example, our CHOICE ADULT PERFORMANCE is not recommended in any of our literature as a puppy food. Nutro offers 4 separate specific dry puppy formulas (soon to be a fifth) in the international markets although not all may be available in Australia right now. If you would like to contact me (James Brow) at [email protected] I would be pleased to co-ordinate with you and perhaps your veterinarian to try to establish what went wrong with your pups. We have an established and effective quality system, and stand behind our products.

Good response - also just wanted to know if you are planning on increasing the number of distributors in Australia as there seems to be quite a demand for Nutro.

No i didnt ask the vet, becaue quite frankley, a vet probably wouldnt know the answer. I did go and do a lot of research into ingredients etc and discovered that Nutro has 90 odd percent Phosphorus to Calcium, where most of the other major foods have 70 odd percent Phosphorus to Calcium and I think is where the problem may have come from

After a couple of weeks all is well again now and back to normal. I have had Saluki's for nearly 30 years and over that time, have never seen anything like this before and the litter is not from bloodlines that would have some sort of weird different growing pattern.

did you ask a vet what the go was with the puppies and Nutro? I'm really interested to find out what caused that.