Vaccination Costs

My dogs are due for their annual vaccinations.

I usually pay $85 for each dog.

I was thinking of changing vets, but after ringing around I have been quoted up to $150.

Am I getting a real bargain at the price I pay, or are others being overcharged?

Do your vaccinations fall in this range?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of changing vets, but after ringing around I have been quoted up to $150.

Am I getting a real bargain at the price I pay, or are others being overcharged?

which vaccinations do you mean, i will look up my last invoice if you tell me which ones.

I just paid $72 per dog for C5. Included in the consultation was anal gland clearing for 1, nails for both dogs. Complete thourough check up. Last year I paid $68 per dog. We were with the Vet for about 40 minutes, so I think it was fair.

which vaccinations do you mean, i will look up my last invoice if you tell me which ones.

We get C3 and Kennel Cough. I'm not even sure why we get KC as they have never been to a kennel in their lives.

I used to pay $60 for both dogs for a C5. Then the vets changed ownership and its gone up to $70 PER dog, i got it cheaper because i was charged breeders rates mainly because of the rescue dogs i took in.

So of course changed vets and now get the three year booster for $100.

Just took Kaos for vaccination the other week - was $85 :laugh: - I'm sure my previous vet was not this expensive? But we've moved houses and areas, and this is the closest one. I think this one is more expensive generally - the anaesthetics we've had there for desexing and aural haematoma I'm sure were more expensive than the last one too. Unfortunately the last one is now about 40 min drive from here so too far, and the next closest one is in partnership with this one, so probably same price.

Extremely exorbitant prices quoted here for something that is is completely unnecessary :laugh:

Why would anyone want to vaccinate a dog that's already vaccinated is beyond me.

When dog are vaccinated yearly it does not enhance the immune system it actually depresses it.

A lot of people vaccinate because Dog Clubs require it. Slowly, very slowly the clubs are also accepting titre tests. We will catch up with the rest of the world one day.

I asked about Titre testing when I had mine vaccinated only last month and the vet looked at me blankly and said I was the first person who had asked her about it. :laugh:

A lot of people vaccinate because Dog Clubs require it. Slowly, very slowly the clubs are also accepting titre tests. We will catch up with the rest of the world one day.

I asked about Titre testing when I had mine vaccinated only last month and the vet looked at me blankly and said I was the first person who had asked her about it. :laugh:

What is Titre testing? (I'm a bit behind the times...though always prepared to catch up :o )

My vets charge $77 per dog (just had mine done Wednesday) for C5, includes check up.