Should I Stay Home Or Go To My First Trial Tomorrow?

I have my very first dog trial tomorrow up here in Brisbane, well Laidley to be exact, I just rang the club and it is def on despite that crappy weather we have had all week, should I go or not as midget may not perform in the wet conditions or just go for the experience.???

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, Go! Our very first agility trial was a shocker. Not because of the weather though. (We got lost lol-even though we had allowed double time to get there.) You can always decide when you get there if your going to go in the ring. :thumbsup:

ummm Mrs D decisions, go to fun dog trial in the maybe rain or stay home and look after two dear little boys umm nahh fun dog trial wins :) I think I will go and as you guys say I can always pull out if the conditions are to bad :-(

Edited by varicool

go - maybe weather will clear up - you never know - but also, most ppl dont do much at their first trial due to inexperience, nerves etc etc (not because the dog isnt trained!) - me and Lana certainly did that :) - so go for the exp and get the first daunting one out of the way!

good idea bridgie cat I am sure I will fluff it all up, not being able to have any training all week with this awful weather hasnt helped but hey everyone will be in the same boat..

Poodle fan not much to pack lol,it is a good hrs drive away so I will just go for a nice drive in the countryside and see what its like when I get their, two of my club members are judging their not my class though and other members are going so will be a fun day out either way I can make fun of them getting wet if its raining :)

just remember that IF you fluff it DONT pull out of the rest of the stuff! All of it is experience! AND no matter how bad you or your dog goes (and most will be really distracted at their first trial) stay positive and finish REALLY happy! Make trialing FUN! Goodluck if you decide to go despite the weather!

Thanks no harm in trying I suppose he trained ok on Monday on the wet ground, but we didnt do group stays etc I think he will be flat out dropping for 3 minutes on soaking wet ground,dang short coated wee midget dogs :)

Same thing happened to me my first agility trial - pouring rain, shocker of a day. Phoned friend and said surely you are not going? Was told that it is considered "bad form" to pull out of agility trial just because it is raining.

So went back and told husband to get out of bed, we are going after all. Not too impressed but hi ho off we go. Windscreen wipers going, fog in one part so bad that we had to creep along, husband says "You've gotta be joking". When we get there they are still making decision whether on or off, decide to go ahead. Dogs staying in tunnel, won't come out into the rain, handlers trying to coax dog out and getting soaked in the process. Some people running barefoot, squishing through the mud. Oh, it was a fun day!! More fun than jelly wrestling.

Well, I'm still married and still going to agility trials - must be lacking in the brain department, probably has something to do with my hair colour?

Noels.

I would go, definitely go!!! If you decide not to compete you can have a great time anyway and meet lots of new people :) Don't let the weather put you and your pooch off. Just give it a whirl. I do, even though I have mostly unsuccessful days. It's great fun :thumbsup: And by the way, GOOD LUCK!!!

I trialled in pouring rain once. Bella worked the best she every had which surprised me, except for one small thing - she wouldn't drop LOL. Because we weren't going to pass I made up a lame excuse not to do the stays and the judge was glad, probably meant a bit less time in the rain for her.