Advantage And Worming Tablets

Can anyone tell me how many times you can bath a dog with Advantage on it before it stops working? Im going away for work for about three weeks and the dogs are going to mums and she likes to bath them every week coz shes a clean freak and wont have them inside unless theyre clean. But shes got fleas there coz of the neighbors cats and I have to put Advantage on them to leave them there. Im a bit worried the bathing will dilute the advantage.

Also my girl threw up her dinner about 4 hours after I wormed her so does this mean Ive got to worm her again or would the tabletss have worked by then?

I only put Advantage on either 48 hours before or after a bath. In the summer I wash my dogs every week or 2 and I use either Advocate or Advantage and haven't noticed a problem until 2-3 days before it's due again, then I might get the odd flea. Advocate covers worming as well except for Tapeworm.

I would wait another couple of days and worm again. Tabs from the vet are the best.

Edited by dogmad

Thanks dogmad looks like my guys will be ok with the advantage then. I got the worm tablets from the supermarket so maybe the vet ones are better I guess I should worm her again before I go.

Thanks again

Chris

The tablets would not haved worked if doggie threw up. One of my dogs throws up with drontal so I have to get her those chewy meaty type ones. Drontal comes from the vets. Quite a few dogs throw up worm tablets, whether they are from the vets or supermarket. I think the advantage should be ok if they are not bathed until a few days after putting it on and if only bathed once a week. Ours go to the beach every day and are fine.xxx