Mr Whippy & Misty

sa

5am 2 gates not properly closed...(or made)

2 lovely dogs (whippets) runover by the only car on the road at the only join in the road that they had to enter the road to pass on, to go home...

I`d nagged my x and son to make better gates ... but apparently Im a nagging old negative pessimistic bitch...

Wished Id just built better gates myself .... at the x`s home

Run free and safe ... Mr Whippo and Misty Blue

A tragedy that never should have happened

Big it up and keep it real...two beautiful wonderful dogs that deserved better protection...from humans mistakes.

Ally ... your daughter is devastated without you

Words cannot express ... Beautiful Souls

Thankyou all for kind thoughts

Really is a stressing worry that the x has never had a dog live to see old age :confused:

He never listened to me when we were together... so sure as hell didnt listen after seperating.

My son is very upset but is also old enough to have made the gate more secure?

Altho I also get the impression that a visitor may have left the gate open and the doggie door wasnt locked? :confused:

Just awful ... :laugh:

Cant help but be reminded ... a huge part of loving a dog is protecting it at all costs from such tragedy

Mr Whippy died instantly ... unfortunately Misty tried to hang on

Haunted by her pain....just hope the dumbass doesnt go and get another dog, at least until the gate is secure :laugh: hopefully my son at least will act upon ensuring this is so.

Im sorry to hear this very sad story, at least they were together, and can run free now, no fear of nasty cars, or unlocked gates... :confused::confused::laugh::laugh: ;)

some people seem to have a problem having a dog until old age, its a worry....

My thoughts are with you, and we know that Mr.Whippy, and Misty are now healed, and waiting for you at the fabulous RAINBOW BRIDGE. :D

All my best wishes,

Mandz.xx

Joley, I dont sound very caring to the human involved do I? If thats what you mean :thumbsup:

Spose this is because hes had a lot of GSD litters in the past (which became pet shop fodder)and didnt believe in desexing...he gave away a beautiful GSD(instead of building an enclosed run) to a terrible dog home after she was chasing sheep. I tried to get her out as my son was very young at the time and they adored each other...the home said she was already sold on :) Dont think my sons ever gotten over it altho it happened 10 yrs ago :D He kept the daughter of that dog , only to have her take a fox bait :)

Then went onto whippets...

Ally the daughter of the pair killed is actually fretting badly...they say time heals?

But I think its getting worse :) Wish she had gotten a chance to smell or see them dead? As I think she wouldnt be still frantically looking for them? Is this a reasonable assumption? Both dogs Ive had PTS in the past due to lymph cancer were sniffed goodbye by their companions (George laid for 2 days on Bruces grave)...have awful pictures of what I thought only happened in Walt Disney movies ;) They were each others Heroes :)

Ally`s gone from a happy go lucky carefree`Roger Rabbit` character...to a scared frail baby girl whos not eating.

Its very heartbreaking for all involved...Ive managed to tempt her witha few treats but shes become very wary of her owner? Hes fixed the double gates and looks like hes going to get another whip...unsure if this is such a good idea?

Had a lil polar fleece bodysuit made for her as shes cold without those `group hugs`of her playmates...

Really is sad to witness...she seems happiest around kids and normal busy hubub

If its quiet she waits at the dog door :)

Joley, I dont sound very caring to the human involved do I? If thats what you mean

Sue I think you have taken me the wrong way, to be truthful I felt no concern towards your ex, just for the poor little dears who have lost their lives.

My comment

You have such a caring heart.
was meant exactly how it was written, I love your passion for dogs and the fact that you care about all dogs whether they be yours or somebody elses. I always read and enjoy your posts simply because everything you post is motivated by the fact that you care! :rofl:

Thanks Joley,

Just thought my original post (when I read it back), was a lil unsympathetic to my x?

Admit I was a lil bristled and savage...

But he never would `train up` :rofl:

In this outcome I would have liked to be wrong about my concern for his flimsy gates? But a visitor may have left the main one open?

Ally is slowly coming round and adjusting...I drop off emergency survival packs with my son for her...a tiny whippet not eating is a worry!

Made my day tho tonight cos when I dropped them off...she had her cornflower blue polar fleece bodysuit on! We couldnt help but laugh! She loves having it on...as shes sadly cold without the others...so is my sons bed, they used to all sleep with him under the feather doona! For those concerned about hygiene...the dogs were more than likely cleaner than a 14 yr old :rofl: ;)

Still hate to think and contemplate how many dogs actually do die from a very simple avoidable event :rofl:

Just reading this thread now ....So sorry to hear of the tragic loss of those lovely whippets.

I'm sure Ally will come around soon and start eating, I know first hand, as when my whippet Sparky (also got called Mr Whippy) kennel mate and best friend (they were always together) died he freted for her and would just mope around and cry and not eat as well but as they say time mends a broken heart and eventully came back to normal.

Plus also know first hand what you are feeling and going through when you know that they could be still alive if it wasn't for humans. As had a dog that was also ran over because my sisters woudn't get out of bed to let her in (as I wasn't at home at the time) ....... They let her outside, then went to bed- both heard her whinning at the door wanting in but they igorned her so she went for a wee wonder on to the main road and was hit by a car.

And what was worse didn't know what had happened to her til 2 weeks later.

Although this was 10 yrs ago. You never forget.

HONEY (Seltie X)

16th March 1980 ~ 28th June 1994

Memories are deep

Special they are

No length of time

Can take them away

I never seen you close your eyes

I never seen you die

But worse of all

I never got to say

GOOD-BYE

:thumbsup:

And plus a year and a half ago my mum ran over my ML Dachshund 'Dane' in my driveway ;) he was 16 years.

Bloody friends and relatives....

some just wont train up will they :(

Condolences and thanks for understanding...

when I think of Misty and Whippy and him being mangled and her waiting (i think til my x reached her to die) ... Im physically sick.

Im determined not to mention the negative to him....but I feel like I let at least Misty down

Mr Whip was a bit of a naughty bugger and would have led her astray, given the `ridiculous` opportunity...but she was something else and Im somewhat haunted by her lil steel grey/blue face...

Tryin to help do fun things with Ally with dogs, friends and kids etc...

Shes gettin better...I am blown away that she does not go near the main gate..but stands back no matter what (this is a pup I thought had the least of intelligence let alone road sense enough to survive)?

Lil Roger Rabbit fun lovin character had to grow up in a hurry...

But like so many wonderful dogs they sadly with such love of life and ongoing resilience adapt

Friends and family need to be aware of their responsabilities...even if it means shutting that one ALL important gate...or checkin behind the tyres for geriatrics :(

Stagger on rejoicing for having known them :( ;)

and endeavour to train those family or friends....

Or better still have your dogs in fool proof safe enclosures

Those precious dogs arent fools...but some unfortunate situations and people can be...

Foresight, sadly more valuable than hindsight

I wish I actively protected them more...and when my suggestions were taken as nagging

I wish I bloody well just fixed at least one gate ...

That final gate to great pain, death, and oblivion

and ultimately why I hate that thing called the Rainbow Bridge

Too freakin unjustifiably a well worn overloaded passe

In the death of so many good dogs for so stupid reasons

Not just those runover, but unwanted en masse in so many pounds and those wanted and loved but taken anyway because they look like someones vision of a pitbull with boof heads?

Political correctness and BSL involves being pin headed and pencil necked?

But I digress ... In short

Stop good dogs from dying

As best you can, when you can :thumbsup::mad