Puppy Accidents

moggy

What is the best product to clean up puppies little accidents? We have an older dog who is very clean and uses a doggy door 24 hours a day.

When we get our pup, 3 months old, in a couple of weeks there is no doubt she will have accidents. I need something which will completely get rid of the odour so the older dog won't become confused and think he can do it inside too. I am hoping the pup will follow the older dog and eventually use the doggy door too.

Suggestion would be very helpful.

Moggy.

i use biozet

just dissolve it well

i read on a site that talked about urine off products and it said that biozet had the same components as some of the stuff that vets use to clean up the messes they encounter

dont use ammonia based products

lots of people use vinegar

What is the best product to clean up puppies little accidents? We have an older dog who is very clean and uses a doggy door 24 hours a day.

When we get our pup, 3 months old, in a couple of weeks there is no doubt she will have accidents. I need something which will completely get rid of the odour so the older dog won't become confused and think he can do it inside too. I am hoping the pup will follow the older dog and eventually use the doggy door too.

Suggestion would be very helpful.

Moggy.

I was going to say the same.. Biozet laundry powder, I brought a very large pack and use it for my own clothes and to soak & wash (seperately top my own clothes of course) all my puppies laundry. (towels, bedding etc...)

Also, I beleive that bicarb & vinigar cleans everything! (well just about anyway!)

Biozet mixed with lots of white vinegar, especially for cloth or lino. Urine-off covered with a plastic bag or similar for 2 days for carpet. I have dark carpet so not sure if it removes discoloration but removes smell and tendancy to remark the same place.

I use Ajax Floor Cleaner on my lino, and Aristopet carpet and room deoderizer for my carpet.

Buffy was apparently house trained when I got her. Truth is, she does hold on all night, but she likes pooping under my clothes line on the concrete, so Mishka thinks it's ok to use the dining room floor, not the poopy spot anymore, so now they're both tied in the poopy spot.

I use Ajax Floor Cleaner on my lino, and Aristopet carpet and room deoderizer for my carpet.

Buffy was apparently house trained when I got her. Truth is, she does hold on all night, but she likes pooping under my clothes line on the concrete, so Mishka thinks it's ok to use the dining room floor, not the poopy spot anymore, so now they're both tied in the poopy spot.

Why on earth would you tie up your dogs where they are supposed to poop?

You really are a worry Cazz, that isnt training the dogs at all.

If you want them to poop or wee in a place in the garden, take them out on leads to the "place" after every meal, and every hour during the day and praise them immensely when they do the deed.

Tying them up is cruel and is achieving nothing. :)

Yep, that was an oops...I just meant I tie them in the poopy spot again now, and I take out a newspaper and my thermos. I'm sorry if you thought I tie them out there, run in and use the internet.

It takes a while when I'm out there, and it's pretty impossible to lead Mishka without him squealing, so I take Buffy out on lead, tie her to the tree, then catch Mishka and loop the handle of his over an old lamp stake (the lamp hasn't been there since I moved in, they just left the stake) and sit back until they do their poopy thing.