Clubs Around South/east Vic

Can anyone tell me where some Agility and flyball clubs are around south/east Vic? I did a google search but cant find much in this area, and I know they are here :) the Berwick dog club web site is under construction and I know about Action Dogs at Myuna farm in Doveton, but they train on a wednesday night which is hard for me at night.....

Edited by Eldoop

Hi Eldoop,

I attend Berwick Obedience Dog Club and we train on a Saturday. New members join up day is the first Saturday of each month.

The contact details for Berwick are:

Mrs Tracey Gaffney

Phone (BH): 9796 9496 Club

Email: [email protected]

Tracey is the Secretary.

I am actually a flyball instructor at Berwick and our beginner classes run from 12.30pm to 1.15pm. You should come down one Saturday to have a look.

Agility is also run at Berwick with beginner classes starting at 12.00 noon.

Berwick Obedience Dog Club has a great friendly atmosphere and there are always people down there that are more than happy to help.

Hope this information has been helpful and hope to see you down there.

Can anyone tell me where some Agility and flyball clubs are around south/east Vic? I did a google search but cant find much in this area, and I know they are here :D the Berwick dog club web site is under construction and I know about Action Dogs at Myuna farm in Doveton, but they train on a wednesday night which is hard for me at night.....

Where would you be driving from - for Flyball, Berwick is probably closest for SE Melbourne - unless you are nearer to Frankston. Did you look at the Flyball Assoc. website, www.flyball.org.au - it lists all of the flyball clubs and contacts. For Agility, look at the VCA (Dogs Victoria) website for clubs - www.vca.org.au -

Edit to add - just saw your other post: Cranbourne is neat between Berwick and Frankston, did you go to the Pet Expo on Sunday?

Edited by PossumCorner

Thanks guys :( PC I wanted to go to the Frankston pets day out but forgot all about it on the day :thumbsup: I went afew years ago and loved it, did you go? and yes I'm near Cranbourne, in Hampton Park.

Come to Berwick - its ace there!!!

Just realised you changed your username, I didn't realise it was you ;)

Frankston Dog Obedience Club in Mclelland Drive has great Agility and Flyball teams too. Very active and good members. Good club for Obedience too. Relaxed and very friendly. They train Saturdays, I think Flyball starts around 11am from memory (don't do flyball myself so can't remember for sure).

The other club, if you are in Dandenong Ranges area is Croydon Obedience Dog Club. A super club with same disciplines as Frankston. I think both clubs dabble a bit in doggy dancing and stuff too. I go Frankston but only do Ob and can't be sure what goes on with other stuff, being out in the ring most of the time LOL. But both clubs have excellent instructors, great members, good reps and both I know are relaxed, happy places to train which is always my top priority! I have heard LOTS of good things about Berwick too BTW.

I'm already a member of the ADT (Australian Dog Training) but they only do Obedience, can anyone tell me the prices of Berwick club? and can you just do agility? or do they prefer you to do obedience aswell? Berwick would be the closest to me.

I think the price for a single membership is about $60-$70, renewal is about $30. There are discounts for VCA members.

You can do whatever you want, but for agility and flyball you have to show control over your dog before its allowed off lead.....at one stage you had to get up to a certain level in obedience but dont know if thats enforced any more or not.

I havent done an obedience class at the club in months! :thumbsup: We only did it when it was testing day every other time i did agility/flyball.

Edited by tollersowned

I go to Southern Obedience Dog Club in Bangholme (next to Keysborough), they do obedience & agility on Wed nights & Sun mornings. No fly balls, but the club is securely fenced off, so it doesn't matter if they decide to go for a run during recall, like what Tsar always do :laugh: , dogs are safe in the club and there'll always be helpful dog owners grabbing your dog for you. Members can alo use the club to run their dogs anytime they like.

For agility, dog have to be at Green and age of min 2 yrs (I think).

Singel member is $70 per yr, renewal is $45. They also have concession discounts.

Each class per dog is $3.