Mac

Kaffy Magee

Thanks guys. OH was really upset, he had grown up with Mac on our farm .We bought the place from his parents about 3-4 years ago and Mac stayed here with us since he'd been here his whole life. Mac had gone down hill lately,collapsing trachea(supposedly) going deaf, blind, not moving as fast or as much as he used to, understandably at that age. OH didnt know he was there at all and Mac probably didnt hear the car or couldnt move quick enough :rofl: The vet said we wouldnt have had him for much longer anyway if wed tried to save him. We'll miss him, this was his farm, he loved riding on the back of the tractor, going for walks in the paddock, marching out infront like he was leading us all into battle with his little barrell chest, stumpy legs and proud look on his face. He would "protect" "his girl" (our bullmastiff) from our dobie boy giving her a hard time and when she came into season they would stroll lovingly side by side up the driveway, where she would lay down for him :) Im sure he thought all his dreams had come true until i shouted out the window "get off her you dirty ol' bugger" LOL. So then they would come trotting back with looks of guilt and embarrassment on their faces,LOL. Next time they would hide behind the bushes, but i was always on to them.He never did succeed.(by the way he was desexed).

He definetly was a character and i hope i made his life a bit more comfortable in his old age. He'd never worn a coat in winter until i shifted in and i really think he enjoyed having it on, he came inside regularly when he never had and he changed from a cheap dry food and scraps meal to a natural diet, which i think mafde a great improvement, not to mention had his nails cut for the first time ever. Although i wasnt overly attached to him as he wasnt "my" dog i'll still miss him and im glad i was there with him when he took his last breaths, he deserved to have someone he knew(OH refused, i dont think he wanted to cry infront of the vet).

RIP Mac, the place isnt the same here with out you, you were part of the furniture so to speak.

Will post a pic later, photobucket is having maitenance

Edited by Kaffy Magee