Which Royal Canin?

Reddii

I have 2 bc's which we currently feed Eukanuba Performance. I'd like to try them on Royal Canin, but there seem to be so many varieties - some breed specific, but not for BC's. Any thoughts on which would be the most appropriate formula?

They are 12 months and 17 months and are very active + involved in dog sport at appropriate levels for their ages.

Thanks in advance.

Medium adult or energy depending on their metabolisms... I have my poodle bitch on med puppy and Ill switch her to med energy when she is old enough becasue she doesnt hold her weight very well.

Hmm - maybe I should try the medium energy one for my dog - we feed her HEAPS but I still think she is a bit underweight.

Depends what kind of food it is.

If your dog is not doing well on (i.e. loose stools, upset tummy) it, change it quickly.

If your dog is doing ok on it but you don't see results you want, wait about 6-8 weeks, it can take that long.

thanks gomez - have been trying for the last 3 months or so. No problems e.g. diahhorea etc) just doens't seem to want to eat it. (wheras with outher types of dry, she eats it as soon as you put it out.)

Medium adult or energy depending on their metabolisms... I have my poodle bitch on med puppy and Ill switch her to med energy when she is old enough becasue she doesnt hold her weight very well.

So would you suggest slow metabolism - adult, fast metabolism (trouble keeping weight on) energy?

I never use the Medium Adult one because it contains more grain and active dogs have trouble keeping up their weight on it. It is also not as palatable as the Energy.

Every border collie I have fed on the Energy has done very well on it, even the couch potato ones. I would only use the Adult on fat ones :)

I don't mean to thread hijack Redii but does anyone know of a stockist of the Energy any where near Bathurst?? I would be interested to see if my pup does better on this as he doesn't really like dry food at the best of times.

Edited by ashan

There is a 4300 and 4800 calorie working dog food from Royal Canin. You have to ask for it to be ordered because most suppliers wont stock it. I have mine on Adult Maxi dark blue bag with a German Shep on the front) and it suits them fine, they keep the weight on even with all the running around.