Lots Of Little Lumps

today my pug has been licking the back of his left back leg all day.

for most of the day i have put it down to him being a licky dog, he will quite often lick his paws and it drives me bonkers.

but a little while ago i checked where he was licking and found 10-14 little bumps on the back of his 'thigh' in theat real thick bum hair, though one is in the thinner hair on the inside of his leg.

they are hard, and not really discoloured, though the inner leg one is reddish, but he has been licking it.

Does anyone have any experiance with anything like this?

i have an appointment with the vet on Saturday morning for this, but would like to hear what you may think of it so i can do a bit of research or take him to the vet sooner of it seems more sinister

for most of the day i have put it down to him being a licky dog, he will quite often lick his paws and it drives me bonkers.

but a little while ago i checked where he was licking and found 10-14 little bumps on the back of his 'thigh' in theat real thick bum hair, though one is in the thinner hair on the inside of his leg.

they are hard, and not really discoloured, though the inner leg one is reddish, but he has been licking it.

i have an appointment with the vet on Saturday morning for this, but would like to hear what you may think of it so i can do a bit of research or take him to the vet sooner of it seems more sinister

I know Louie gets 'pimples' on his face but I have not heard of lumps on the legs before :laugh:

I would think it was perhaps some kind of reaction to an irritant perhaps? He is licking it becaus eit is either sore or itchy or both.

I would take him to the Vet to have it looked at if it doesn't go away in or if it gets worse.

yeah i;d be off to the vet sounds like hes reacting to something....slightly off topic but are pugs the only breed to get doggy pimples on their face?

Not sure although, I must say, I have never heard of other dogs getting them??

Snot gets pimples, sometimes on his face. I find he gets them a lot more in his arm pits... and inner thighs.

Do pugs get them there as well?

Yep, Louie gets a lot on his face, it is because he is dirty and insists on shoving his whole face into anything that could POSSIBLY be remotely edible - pig.

The ones on the face - mouth could be from a plastic bowl.

If anyone is using plastic food or water bowls throw them out. They can have an allergic reaction to them..Stainless steel and ceramic are the way to go.

I noticed my little pug and Rottweiler have little pimples on the inside of their thighs too. I have put it down to the long grass. My battery for the mower need replacing so the grass it at it's all time record high. Dogs love it, they have half a yard that is short and the other half is their own private jungle.

I haven't seen these before on my dogs, so I have put it down to the grass.

I found 2 lumps on the back of brandys legs[bulldog] and when i took her to the vets they were a swollen gland.Apparently there are alot of glands at the back and he said because she was having some problems with her soft pallette that this could have inflamed them.He said to come back in a month and have them checked again.

just thought I would add this/

hey my smooth coated pup also had lumps...like ..let me see...flattened smarties ...not quite so big

but they disappeared

wonder if it was something in the garden

left quickly otherwise i wouda taken him to the vet

its always something lol

let us know anyway

I know Louie gets 'pimples' on his face but I have not heard of lumps on the legs before :D

Well what do you know, Louie has two big pimples on his leg today... I take the above comment back :D

They are in the armpit area so maybe caused by heat?

hey my smooth coated pup also had lumps...like ..let me see...flattened smarties ...not quite so big

but they disappeared

wonder if it was something in the garden

left quickly otherwise i wouda taken him to the vet

its always something lol

let us know anyway

Lumps nearly the size of flattened smarties sound like an allergic reaction to an insect sting.

When Ella was younger she was highly allergic to either bees or wasps, never did figure out what the culprit was as we always have both in the garden.

Anyway, silly twit used to chase them, one minute she was fine, the next minute her face had puffed up like you wouldn't believe and she had lumps and bumps all over her body, ranging from smartie size upwards. Looked very strange!