Horrible Trip To Vets

chloebear

Firstly, I would help your pup adjust to travel by road. This won't be a quick or easy process. But it's important that you recognise how stressed she is by car travel. If it's at all possible, stop taking her on the back of the ute and put her in the passenger cab. Put a harness on her and tether her in. Or put her in an airline approved crate. This gives her a feeling of security and will reduce her stress levels.

Second the idea of getting a crate.

Does it have to an airline one, or could it be her regular crate that she also uses inside?

Firstly, I would help your pup adjust to travel by road. This won't be a quick or easy process. But it's important that you recognise how stressed she is by car travel. If it's at all possible, stop taking her on the back of the ute and put her in the passenger cab. Put a harness on her and tether her in. Or put her in an airline approved crate. This gives her a feeling of security and will reduce her stress levels.

Second the idea of getting a crate.

Does it have to an airline one, or could it be her regular crate that she also uses inside?

Airline crates are recommended for travel by road too. For the same reasons as they're used for plane trips. It protects the dog from impact - a wire crate will contain the dog, but not protect it from a collision impact.

For the short term can she travel in the cab with you? Put some blankets down if you are worried she might pee on the seats.

Can you borrow another car, perhaps even if it is to just pick her up in, so that she might feel a little safer?

My dog gets terrible car sickness, and it is just that car sickness.

I am surprised that she didn't poo on the floor

She is saving that for the next trip :cool:

I know what it is like I have many a trip to the vet where similar incidents have happened, is there anyone that can go with you next trip?

Goodluck.

My girls love going to the vet!

:rofl: Staffords usually do. We used to get a lot of them in who'd blown their cruciate so they spent a fair amount of time in there - would howl and "Staffy scream" the whole time in hospital but act as though you were their best friend next time they came in - their bums not able to keep up with their tails coming through the door. A reason why I love the breed so much!