Crying Dog, Vet Is Stumped

I took my pup to George, a 1 1/2hr drv to be told she was fine,

verry reassuring, verry reasonably priced ( almost have to force money onto him),

and one of the most pleasant gentleman you will ever come across.

If i am ever in doubt again i would not hesitate taking the drive there if just for the peace of mind.

Peter sounds very much like his father! George was always interested in the dog & you could tell that he loved & empathised with them. Niki was not the first dog I took to him - took my first Poodle, Rana, nearly 20 years ago. The dogs seem to trust him immediately & know he is dong the best for them.

• 2 months later...

hi Guys

i jsut got back..

was about 15 minutes late... but Peter was so nice..

He put hazel on the table.. and said her shoulders and front legs are good, but she's got a slipping patella in her left knee irregardless, thats hereditary.. and I don't realy need to worry about it right now..

anyway she has a hooked tendon and a pinched sciatic nerve... and i think it was quite bad.. cos he waas oohing and aahing.. there was a guy with 2 greyhounds waiting after me.. i think i was really late

he asked me how i heard about him..and i told him that he came highly recommended.., he said he's dealt with alot of paralysed dogs...

I'm so embarassed... I forgot to bring enough cash.. i only brought $20 and it was $25... next time i go i'll pay him $30. but he's a realy nice guy. was explaining to me everything.. and i think he new I was kind of worried about her, so he kept reassuring me that its ok. told me how to massage her to get her blood circulating, gave me an aspirin as well...

i think it has really helped because although he mentioned it.. i didn't think it was abig deal... when hazel's been walking around.. her tail doesn't go up unless its wagging.. he said cos the nerve was pinched...

so now i notice its up even when she's not wagging her butt... I always thought it was just because she was hot and bothered because it still was up when she was wagging her tail.... it does seem to be sitting higher up now.. not sure if i'm just being biased :thumbsup:

He wants to see her again in 2 weeks, and then every 2 months...

I think it's good, he's so nice.. and i mean i'll be taking her every month just to be safe...

Even though it took me 1 hour to get there and only 20 minutes for him to see her.. I think its really worth it.. and he seems nice...

highly recommend it to anyone with older dogs.. he also said I could ring him anytime i had questions...

so all is good, thanks for the recommendation guys.. I kidna feel like I shoulda asked about it earlier... and taken her there earlier....

well better late than never!!