Biting The Base Of Her Tail

mysticpaw

Sorry in advance for the lack of info, not my dog.

Guy at work asked me today why his dog would be biting the base of her tail?

Info that I have is the dog is a Keeshond and is washed by a dog groomer he assumes they haven't changed products but isn't sure.

The dog does not have fleas.

There has been no change in the diet and they have had the dog quite a few years.

That's about it as another guy started telling him that the dog needed garlic in their diet and sort of took over.

Any suggestions on what to ask the owner tomorrow to get him on the right track.

Thanks

PS There has been a change in the family just wondering about anxiety.

Sorry in advance for the lack of info, not my dog.

Guy at work asked me today why his dog would be biting the base of her tail?

Info that I have is the dog is a Keeshond and is washed by a dog groomer he assumes they haven't changed products but isn't sure.

The dog does not have fleas.

There has been no change in the diet and they have had the dog quite a few years.

That's about it as another guy started telling him that the dog needed garlic in their diet and sort of took over.

Any suggestions on what to ask the owner tomorrow to get him on the right track.

Thanks

PS There has been a change in the family just wondering about anxiety.

I know you say it doesn't have fleas but a lot of people come into work with the same problem and say their dog does not have fleas But guess what they do.

It has been a bad year for fleas so it could be that they are now hatching,Also just because you cannot see fleas does not mean the dog is not getting bitten by them.

Fleas Fleas Fleas :kissbetter:

The amount of my clients that swear blue in the face their dog doesn't have fleas is amazing. It's as though it's a slur of their 'parenting' skills. Some owners actually get offended when I gently let them know that their dog had a few fleas :thumbsup:

Hopefully it's simply fleas and nothing more troublesome :rolleyes:

Fleas

Anal Glands

Worms

are the 3 main reasons for chewing on the base of the tail

He asked me what are the symptoms re worms, and I wasn't sure.

Will search when I get to work.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by mysticpaw