Apple Cider Vinegar

chloebear

Holly is 6 months old and her urine is killing my grass. I read another thread where you can add apple cider vingar to their water. Instead of adding to water can I add it to her food. I am continually filling up water bowls as my son keeps tipping them out.

I've just started adding this to the dogs food. The only thing is I'm not convinced I'm using the right stuff - the only one I coudl find is very clear and looks like pee! I'm pretty sure I need the cloudy stuff as apple juice when pressed is as clear as mud. Anybody know a decent brand and/or where I can get it from?

I know you can buy apple cider vinegar at horse stores and stock feed shops. I think clear should be ok, I used to feed it to my horse but I can't remember what it looked like; I think it was brown but clear... Its good for joint as well.

I have been using it for a little while, you can buy it from the supermarket, latest brand i have is Cornwells Premium apple cider vinegar... i have been told it also helps with flea control.. apparently increases the dogs acidic rate to the point where fleas can't stay on the dog... i add one cap full to the adult dogs meals...

The cloudier it is, the better it is - all the pressing and processing for supermarket brand stuff takes out most of the goodness. It should still have sediment in the bottom of it.

I get mine from the health food store. About $10 for 2 litres, but it lasts a while. I put it on my 2's wet food. Between the 2 of them I put 1 capful.

It helps with any yeast type problems you might have too :drink: I love the stuff now.

Ahhhh can't find it anywhere!!!! The only health food shop in our local centre has closed down, none of the supermarkets sell the organic stuff and the pharmacies just look at me as if I've grown another head!

This is very frustrating! Does anywhere sell the good stuff online?

The cloudier it is, the better it is - all the pressing and processing for supermarket brand stuff takes out most of the goodness. It should still have sediment in the bottom of it.

Thats correct it should be unfiltered and unpasteurised the stuff in the supermarkets isnt.I buy mine from a stockkfeed store for around $10 for 5 litres and I drink it myself as well and put it on my chips lol.I give the dogs about a large tablespoon in their food a couple of times a week.

I have a friend who buys it for her horses from the stockfeed and it is double strength, do you just buy normal strength? or is their a special dog one.

When you say double strength,no their is nothing written on the label but I can assure you it is a lot stronger than the stuff you buy in the supermarket.It has a very acidic smell and quite a bit of sediment in the bottom

I have a friend who buys it for her horses from the stockfeed and it is double strength, do you just buy normal strength? or is their a special dog one.

When you say double strength,no their is nothing written on the label but I can assure you it is a lot stronger than the stuff you buy in the supermarket.It has a very acidic smell and quite a bit of sediment in the bottom

Thanks, when going to town next will call into stockfeed place and get some.