Dryer Info Needed

storm

I am looking at updating my dryer as the one I currently have isnt powerful enough to dry a Puli in cords.

Can anyone recommend a dryer that would be powerful enough but not super noisy, also dont want to spend thousands either.

Edited by storm

Thanks for the impute everyone, please keep them coming

I dont have any preference as long as it drys well, happy to look at all types.

Just wanted to hear from what type other people use.

Poodle3081 do you have a Double K Airmax, any problems, do they have a web site

Ari, what do you mean (A force would be too strong wouldn't it)? What type of coat would it suit.

My current dryer is a little turbodry brand from a shop in Rosebud vic, that I purchased when I first got my OES and that was over 10yrs ago and it was never good enough to dry her in full coat. It works well for the yorkies.

I have an Ezycoat and it is great, I have never had a problem and it is fairly powerful. http://www.itsadogshop.com/prod1350.htm I have Newfoundlands.

In my experience the double K is just not strong enough incomparison, we only use the double K at shows for touch ups or rainy days. The larger Oldfied is wonderful, I have used a friends and will definately get one if I ever need to upgrade, it makes the job so much quicker and really blows the water from the coat quickly.

I am not sure if you need blowing power with a Puli though? Good luck with your research, there is just too much to choose from in this world!

The oldfields looked ok but as you said so mnay to choose from and I would like to pick a good one to start with.

Ashka1, Which oldfield would you get if you were to up grade, I realize a newfoundland and a OES coat is different but if I could get a dryer that would make drying the oes easier is also a bonus.

I have sent a email to a couple of places but havent heard back yet, hopefully they will also give me some ideas.

I have an Ezycoat and it is great, I have never had a problem and it is fairly powerful. http://www.itsadogshop.com/prod1350.htm I have Newfoundlands.

In my experience the double K is just not strong enough incomparison, we only use the double K at shows for touch ups or rainy days. The larger Oldfied is wonderful, I have used a friends and will definately get one if I ever need to upgrade, it makes the job so much quicker and really blows the water from the coat quickly.

I am not sure if you need blowing power with a Puli though? Good luck with your research, there is just too much to choose from in this world!

The Double K dryer you have must be a single motor dryer as the Double Coat Airmax is more powerfull than the Ezycoat one you linked to.

yes the Double K is a single motor one (blue plastic one), it does the job but gee it takes SOOOO long on a very big dog with a double coat. I have not used a Double Coat Airmax,

Storm, I would love the double motor one here, http://www.oldfielddryers.com.au/ld2000.html I have used one heaps of times but then as Ari said, and I mentioned before , do you need such high forced air ,as you would not want to damage the cords?

yes the Double K is a single motor one (blue plastic one), it does the job but gee it takes SOOOO long on a very big dog with a double coat. I have not used a Double Coat Airmax,

Storm, I would love the double motor one here, http://www.oldfielddryers.com.au/ld2000.html I have used one heaps of times but then as Ari said, and I mentioned before , do you need such high forced air ,as you would not want to damage the cords?

The Double K has twice the power as the single motor one.It has two switches.Turn one on for low speed or both for the high speed.Blows the water out of my german shepherds super fast

It doesn't have a heater but warms up over the motors

Edited by 4 Paws

We have an Oldfield and it is great :drink: for our Akita's and the volume of air is adjustable.

We do not have heating though don't need it.

Bought ours for around $450.00 4 years ago but I think they have gone up a lot.

It is noisy but our fur kids are used to it.

So powerful !

Takes about 1 and half hours to dry an akita in full coat.

Kind Regards

Malisa

Drying a corded puli is very different to drying other breeds. You need much more force to make sure all moisture comes out of the thick cords.

The Liberty Ultraforce MK3 does the job, but is very noisy. Dogs need to get used to it gradually.

If the force of a dryer breaks a puli's cords, there is something seriously wrong with the puli!! Cords should never break due to air flow. Fine cords are easily broken if consistently rubbed, tugged or they get caught on sharp objects.

Takes about 1 and half hours to dry an akita in full coat.

Thanks malisa, I've been wondering about that - I've got a double K and have only used it a few times and not gotten a completely dry coat yet ... obviously need to be more patient (dog and I have been timing out at about an hour)

Drying a corded puli is very different to drying other breeds. You need much more force to make sure all moisture comes out of the thick cords.

The Liberty Ultraforce MK3 does the job, but is very noisy. Dogs need to get used to it gradually.

If the force of a dryer breaks a puli's cords, there is something seriously wrong with the puli!! Cords should never break due to air flow. Fine cords are easily broken if consistently rubbed, tugged or they get caught on sharp objects.

Good to know!

In that case I recommend the the dryer from www.groomersfriend.com.au. Actually...I had forgotten how much it costs and just had a look on the website...its probably to expensive for your needs.

Edited by Ari