Frontline

My dog freaks out when I try to brush her, I would imagine any normal dog would think this was a special treat as she is short haired. :o

Don't read too much into it. :eek: Sometimes dogs act weird for no reason.

I think tick collars would be equally if not more toxic than systemic products like Advantix or Frontline.

Also you do not have the worry when ever people and children pat your dogs like you would with collars.

Edited by PAX

Still interested in hearing from those people (Ashka? kimoliverelka? Cavandra?) who don't use Frontline because they said it's a 'poison'.. I'm interested in knowing what they use instead to prevent ticks, if anything.

Sorry, I cant help you, as I DO use poisons on my dogs, I use Advantix cause Frontline doesnt work. Neem oil (spray) deters ticks & fleas and other bugs too, but is a hassle to make it up etc.......I use that as a fly spray, an old farm tale is to feed the dog sulphur every day! .......There is no product that is 100% affective against paralysis ticks :rofl:

I use Frontline on my boyz and have no bad reactions at all and it works well at keeping the ticks/fleas away too. Should mention that 1 of my boyz is a Whippet and neither of them have any reaction to the stuff, neither do I (not that i use it on a regular basis lol, but have spilt it on my hand!)

Annie and her boyz

I use advantix on my puppy, but revolution on my cat, and she goes nuts when it is put on - does anyone know do cats gets ticks or is it just dogs?

YES cats do get ticks,be very careful your cat does not lick your dog as the advantix is highly toxic to cats I have seen first hand what it does to them not nice :rofl: also wash your hands after putting advantix on your dog BEFORE touching the cat.

All my pets get frontline as it does work,and I will not risk my cats being poisioned ,if you use frontline and are still seeing fleas it is an environment problem as only 5 % of fleas are adult the other 95% are larval,pupae and eggs.The frontline will kill the fleas it just the pet is getting re infested just as quick.

REMEMBER advantix and frontline spot ons are fortnightly (14 days) for ticks

Frontline spray is every 3 weeks (21 days)for ticks.

Edited by sheree_e4