Fleas Driving Me Crazy

Hi All,

we have just brought a house (2 months ago) and my dog has now got fleas soo bad. they are driving me crazy. My dog is a golden Lab (pure bred) and is almost 3 years old.

We use Frontline Plus all the time on her. I have been using a Flea killing wash, used Hydro lime on the patio and we brush her all the time with a flea comb. i am buying some household flea bombs today and the house has been pose controlled. We do have pavers on the back patio which i think the fleas migh be in - but i have put some hydro lime down (leaves the patio white).

we have even put fronline on a 2 week cycle just to try to kill the cycle of fleas. I vacuse every 2 days and wash everything to do with the dog once a week - they are drivingme crazy - i can only imagine how my dog feels.

They are drving me mad cos she itches and then we feel like itching.

Can anyone help by offering any more suggestions to get rid of the fleas?

you sound like you are doing a hell of alot i think that after you do the house bombs ect u "should" see an improvement only other thing i'd do is change from frontline to advantix or sentinal (sp?) but they are my personaly preference and everyones different!!!

Hi All,

we have just brought a house (2 months ago) and my dog has now got fleas soo bad. they are driving me crazy. My dog is a golden Lab (pure bred) and is almost 3 years old.

We use Frontline Plus all the time on her. I have been using a Flea killing wash, used Hydro lime on the patio and we brush her all the time with a flea comb. i am buying some household flea bombs today and the house has been pose controlled. We do have pavers on the back patio which i think the fleas migh be in - but i have put some hydro lime down (leaves the patio white).

we have even put fronline on a 2 week cycle just to try to kill the cycle of fleas. I vacuse every 2 days and wash everything to do with the dog once a week - they are drivingme crazy - i can only imagine how my dog feels.

They are drving me mad cos she itches and then we feel like itching.

Can anyone help by offering any more suggestions to get rid of the fleas?

we were going to chenge to Advantix - was waiting to finish up the last of the frontline first - finished that yesterday - so will be buying advantix now to try!

Also buy some flea rinse & make a spray bottle mixture up so you can spray the dog .

Capstar is super for flea infested dogs it kills them within 30 mins or so.

We have used on a pick up that was riddled with fleas

A more natural but very effective option is Neem oil spray. Spray once or twice a week on your dog. It's good for them if they lick it too - cleanses the blood.

www.ausneem.com.au

You can buy a kennel wash spray as well which is good for use on the pavers.

Definately swap to Advantage/Advantix.

I read a report that said the vacuum kills fleas just as effectively as any chemical, so vacuum lots.

And yep Capstar is a godsend, so keep some on hand at all times!

Well i brought the Capstar - great product - the fleas were dropping off soon after she had it. For the first time last night she rolled on her back and i didnt see one flea on her stomach!

I think its a combination of everything i have been doing but...

I use a spray also - its a concerntrate - Fido's i think its called - i wash her in it and also use it as a spray and spray it everywhere.

The house was sprayed just as we brought it - so it doesnt need doing again.

I will look into the neem oil products also - no fleas are going to stay at my house! hehe

Well i brought the Capstar - great product - the fleas were dropping off soon after she had it. For the first time last night she rolled on her back and i didnt see one flea on her stomach!

I think its a combination of everything i have been doing but...

I use a spray also - its a concerntrate - Fido's i think its called - i wash her in it and also use it as a spray and spray it everywhere.

The house was sprayed just as we brought it - so it doesnt need doing again.

I will look into the neem oil products also - no fleas are going to stay at my house! hehe

If you're spraying for Fleas, it has to be re-sprayed in 4 weeks :rofl: