Flea Treatment Which Works

Hi,

I have been on the search for a flea treatment which works on my shelties. One of my girls is highly allergic to fleas and i couldn't stand to watch her be so irritated and miserable, no matter what products i had used eg. flea shampoo, frontline plus, capstar tablets as well as brushing and removing fleas about twice a day.

I went to our local produce store today and there was a bulldog puppy covered in fleas. The guy at the feed shop suggested "Fleatrol Plus Spray" it contains the following active constituents:

4.og/L (RS)-Methoprene

1.8g/L Pyrethrins

6.og/L N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide

3.6g/L Piperonyl Butoxide

The fleas just died and were falling off this puppy immediately. That was good enough for me so i bought a bottle, it is 500ml in a spray bottle and was $26.

Did my girls this morning and they have not scratched all morning plus the redness of lily's skin has nearly all gone.

Plus it actually smells nice.

Hopefully this will help other people with their war against fleas.

post-21780-1199504299_thumb.jpg

post-21780-1199504327_thumb.jpg

It will be interesting to compare the active ingredients with Frontline Spray.

Will also be interesting to compare to Permoxin. It does not come into a spray, but you can put in a spray bottle and spray the dog.

Also would need to spray dirt areas, bedding and flea bomb the house

we use ecalyptus wool mix (for clothes) but it works so well .it keeps thier coats soft and keeps fleas away and is really good for thier skin.we have used it for years and years we swear by it

we use ecalyptus wool mix (for clothes) but it works so well .it keeps thier coats soft and keeps fleas away and is really good for thier skin.we have used it for years and years we swear by it

:rolleyes: Im against wool wash for dogs, it is made for clothes not dogs skin. It was popular years ago, but the thinking has changed since then. :D

I have heard from a few breeders that the cheapest most affective way to kill fleas is Raid Flea Killer Spray

You can get it from the supermarket (although mine doesnt stock it) and you can spray carpet, bedding and even your dogs!!

Its only about $6.00 a can.

I found some at one of the smaller supermarkets, IGA I think. I agree that it is good but am a little reluctant to use on my girl as she is allergic to a few things. Works well on the carpet as you spray around the skirting .