What Age To Desex Gsd Pup

archie

Hi Archie

How old is your girl now?

My girl certainly didn't put on more weight - I think it just depends if your dog slows down which they might do anyway as they move from being puppies to adults.

Why are you keeping her away from the adult dog - are you worried they will play too roughly?

Hi Archie

How old is your girl now?

My girl certainly didn't put on more weight - I think it just depends if your dog slows down which they might do anyway as they move from being puppies to adults.

Why are you keeping her away from the adult dog - are you worried they will play too roughly?

she is 18 weeks and the male is 18mths, l keep them seperate when not supervised as they do play very rough and feel she is still too small and may get hurt or over exercised. though the temporary fence

between them probably will not last much longer, she is starting to work out how to get in with him.

The plan is to run them together permantly when she is 7mths.

I had my female GS desexed at 6 months. She is now 8.5 months. Was at home for a week with her, just kep her qiuet for 2 days, and no play fighting with her brother. She was fine, didn't even pick at her stitches and no weight issues.