Animal House Grooming Products

Miranda

We use the Mighty White N Brite and Silk Finish on our HamiltonStovare. They are great. The only thing about the Mighty White N Brite, is that when you dilute it, it is very runny but I mix it up in a drink bottle and you can just squirt it where you want it. I was talking to a distributor last week and I will now be using the shampoo on the Elkhounds as well.

Thanks Norskgra, I use a hydrobath so I suppose I'd have to contact them and see if the products are suitable. I'm looking at the Pure Alternative shampoo, the Purely Silk conditioner, the Leave In Luster for between shows and the Coat Magic Coat Spray. When I change grooming products I like to have the whole range the same which is a bit of a hassle if it turns out that I don't like them :rainbowbridge:

I'm looking at the Pure Alternative shampoo, the Purely Silk conditioner, the Leave In Luster for between shows and the Coat Magic Coat Spray. When I change grooming products I like to have the whole range the same which is a bit of a hassle if it turns out that I don't like them :rainbowbridge:

I would happily recommend Animal House.....in fact, its all I would use :rainbowbridge: I use the particular products you have mentioned, and over time they definitely made a difference to what I was using prior.

You are welcome to PM me if you would like any 'how to' tips on using them.

We use the Leave in Lustre (diluted in Spray bottle) & the Coat magic spray on the Collies and find they are great value for money and leave a pleasant smell and hands feel clean (not greasy like with some!)

As for the mighty White and Bright - I find I have to dilute more than recommended otherwise I end up with mighty BLUE Collies :rainbowbridge: but not a prob I guess with Gordons.

I use them through the hydrobath and whilst it is a bit frothy we cope.

Cheers Kate

I use the whit & Brite for the feet/hocks.

I have tried the spray on my irish & i didnt find it any good at all.

For my setters i prefer the crown royale #2 spray(which i use no matter what there bathed in) & to be honest a mixture of human stuff.

If you want to try natural also consider the Kelco range which i do use alot

Every dog is different & really is trial & error.

The PP blues stuff on my boy was adisaster dried the coat & the dilution rate adjusted didnt stop the blue staining.

Each dogs coat absorbs the blue shampoos differently & what is brialliant for one is useless for another.

I have a friend who uses the animal house shampoo and conditioner and she swears by it (she even sent some to friends in England who loved it)

I use Kelco shampoo, but i am in love with the Animal House silk finish coat spray - it smells beautiful and gets used on both the staffords and Tibetan Spaniels

I also really like their volhold - particularly because i can use it after hot towelling on the morning of the 2nd day of a weekend showing

We use the Leave in Lustre (diluted in Spray bottle) & the Coat magic spray on the Collies and find they are great value for money and leave a pleasant smell and hands feel clean (not greasy like with some!)

As for the mighty White and Bright - I find I have to dilute more than recommended otherwise I end up with mighty BLUE Collies :rofl: but not a prob I guess with Gordons.

I use them through the hydrobath and whilst it is a bit frothy we cope.

Cheers Kate

i ended up with a purple/blue poodle i though is was me lol :laugh:

Miranda, I know that a lot of the Lhasa people are using it with fantastic success.

I got some samples to use on my Havs but I really found that Laserlites was heaps better. Maybe I wasn't using the Animal House for long enough? Maybe the coat was just too different? I don't know...

My Setter friend has tried a number of different ranges (don't *think* she's used Animal House yet) on her Irish but always seems to end back up with Plush Puppy - particularly the Seabreeze Oil diluted and sprayed through daily.

Would be interested to know your results with the Animal House. :rofl: