Unwell Rotties

oonga

cavNrott,

how is Sophie today??

please update us when you get a chance,

i know i am not the only one who has been thinking of her today and sending her positive healing vibes :love:

and hugs to you ALL!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone in this thread for caring about Sophie. I appreciate your support.

She does seem a little better than she was yesterday. I'm keeping up with the increased pain meds. She needs them now. She's such a stoic girl and I need to keep a keen eye on her and be very aware of an increase in her pain level. Her mouth tumour doesn't look good.

We'll see what the oncologist says on Thursday. I'm not hopeful of a good report.

Please keep sending your healing thoughts to her, she's such a sweet dog and needs all the help she can get. Thanks again.

Glad to hear she is doing better today Anne, will be thinking of you and Sophie on Thursday and hoping for a good report for you :laugh:

Jaida is better today with the cooler whether, wagging her little stump around and her eyes are bright.

cavNrott,

so pleased there is SOME relief for your sweetheart girl Sophie!!!

i sincerely hope there is some good news on thursday as well!!!!

maybe a change in meds? no idea but i just hope there is something positive!

big hugs to you all and lots of positive and healing vibes as well!!

cavNrott, so pleased there is SOME relief for your sweetheart girl Sophie!!!

i sincerely hope there is some good news on thursday as well!!!!

maybe a change in meds? no idea but i just hope there is something positive!

big hugs to you all and lots of positive and healing vibes as well!!

She has only one chemo drug amongst the many drugs she takes and it will be stopped. Then the cancer will aggress. The onco said it's probably the drug causing the liver problem. I'm giving her milk thistle and CoQ10 to try to repair her liver. I hope they're working for her.

I doubt the chemo drug is working anyway at the rate Sophie's mouth tumour is growing. It worked well for 3 weeks with no tumour growth at all. I thought we had remission but it wasn't to be.

I'm hoping for something positive too Oonga but I don't think there's anything left we can do.

I've got the pain meds right at the higher dose. She's pain free and it's my job to keep her that way. If she's a bit sleepy then she's not suffering and she's relaxed and comfortable. That's what I want for her. She's still up for a game of fetch though, only 2 or 3 chases of the ball but she wants to play.

I just read this. "Shared pain is lessened - shared joy is increased". That is so true.

The caring people in this thread who are sharing my pain and giving me support helps more than I can say. I feel at a loss, down in the dumps...and then read your posts and I feel better and stronger. Thank you sincerely from Sophie and from me.

edited for silly apostrophe

Edited by cavNrott

cavNrott.... I hope that Sophie is having a better day today...

She is a real fighter that girl and you are amazing for getting her this far, her prognosis was grim but you both take it in your stride on a daily basis and you are both still battling through...

Hang in there and know that our love and thoughts are with you everyday...

cavNrott,

you and Sophie are an inspiration to what true love and dedication can achieve!!!!

you are also both a credit to the breed!!!!

i hope you both are feeling somewhat better today!!!

big hugs to you both :)

and to all the other puppies there as well :D

I'm sorry to hear that Sophie has had a bad day Anne, I hope you both are coping OK today :rolleyes:

Jaida has gone downhill today. Her eyes aren't as bright and she's not very willing to get up, her coat is coming out and she's just so very tired. Her lump has grown overnight, it's sudden growth rates like that are just unbelievable...if I weren't seeing it for myself I just wouldn't believe it. I think it is very close to her time :o

I have made further inquiries today about euthanasia over the Easter period, but if Jaida is like this again tomorrow then she will be given her wings :laugh:

Shek if Jaida is in pain give her Tramal. It can't hurt her and will give her pain relief. I doesn't matter if it sedates her as long as it takes her pain away. That's really all we can do for them in the late stage of osteosarcoma. Bone pain is excruciating.

Sophie is now on 300mg a day of Tramal as well as piroxicam and if I see any sign of pain in her then I'll increase the dose again. She is much quieter than she used to be but the disease will cause inactivity, they're not likely to run around when they feel unwell. Sophie is able to live a comfortable life on Tramal and she's still playful. I don't think she would be if she was in pain.

I don't find that the Tramal sedates Sophie much at all but I'd rather have her sleepy than in pain.

Is Jaida eating? Is she vomiting at all?

Shek, I don't know if it helps but...

We made the decision with Stewie when he reached the point where he refused three meals in a row (he was a total pig before that), but he also had quite a distinct look in his eyes - I could tell he was just not interested in his surroundings anymore, he was turned inwards. The look was almost like he was asking to go - sounds corny perhaps, but there is no other way to describe it :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news today Shekhina, fingers crossed for Jaida that she is just having a bad day only.........it does happen, as you know I think about you both each day.

cavNrott, I'm wishing you and Sophie all the very best...........fingers crossed for both of you and wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Thank you both for sharing your journey as hard as it is it helps others in the same situation.

Hugs for you all :rolleyes:

Sophie and I thank you again for your good wishes and kind words.

She's having a good day, happy and up for a short game of fetch. She brings me the damn ball about once an hour. She fetches 2 or 3 times and then it's rest time.

I think the reason she had a bad day a couple of days ago is that I wasn't watching her closely enough to notice her increased pain level. She hides it well. It was unexpected because she's been stable on the pain meds I've been giving. Now I've increased the dose she's back to her usual self.

Tomorrow is oncology day. If they think she's coping ok and ultrasound shows she isn't having organ failure then we'll keep going as we are. The onco said to administer pain meds whenever I think she needs them. Sophie isn't ready to go yet, she has more life to live. I won't give up until she tells me she's had enough. Sophie's calling the shots and I'm listening.

If her ultrasound shows organ failure and it's serious then I'll have to rethink my decision to keep going and for how long. The onco is happy to work with Sophie and do what it takes to keep her happy and comfortable for as long as possible. Pain free is what counts.

cavNrott,

Thank you so much for the latest update on Sophie!!!

i am so pleased to hear she is having a better day today!!!

what a relief for everyone!!!

if you get a chance do you think you could PLEASE post the results tomorrow early-ish?

only cause i am going away for the weekend and leaving early friday morning

and i would love to hear the good news before i leave :o

yes i am sure it will be good news :rolleyes:

hugs to you all :laugh: