Raw Feeders

koolietas

I feed twice a day - meat/offal/vegies/oil in the morning, and a rmb at night.

I only do it twice because they run around after dinner and I feel better not having 700 grams of food rolling around in their tums at once.

Buster eats mainly raw, but he has kibble for breakfast because... I dunno but he likes it and it doesn't hurt him.

Then for dinner he gets meat.

I generally fast him if I ever run out of food for one night or if they're not hassling for dinner and I really can't be bothered. Usually about once every 2 months.

We feed twice daily as well, but we do the RMB in the morning, only because it gives her something to do while I'm on the school run.

Generally, I don't have set "fasting" days, but I don't give Buffy anything to eat on training days. So she'll only get treats that night. Not exactly proper fasting, but it keeps her motivated and she's still in great shape.

Mine get fed twice. We have change too the Prey Model diet from BARF.

They are fed RMB/frames in the morning and at night a chunk of meat they have to tear and rip at or if fed a frame that morning, a RMB.

Our fasting day is generally Friday night/Saturday morning as we do training Saturdays.

Edited by tollersowned

Once. I was feeding twice a day and brekkie was being buried in the garden, dinner was being picked over. So I cut back to just one meal a day of raw mince/vege/eggs/cheese mix and some raw meaty bones or chicken pieces. Benson now chows down dinner with enthusiasm.

Gus gets two meals a day. Usually a small one in the morning which is either offal or a small chunk of meat. Then he gets a larger meal in the evening which is usually a RMB. Depending on how much meat and bone that meal has in it, he might miss out of breakfast the next morning and only get the one meal. Two meals a week he gets two or three whole sardines and that's his only meal for that day. :)

Twice - RMB for brekky before I go to work which I've done since she was a young pup. That way me leaving for work was a good thing.

She gets her mush/protein/offal and extras (ACV/fish oil/VAN Health Booster) of a night time before I go to bed.

Mac gets fed once a day at no specific time (though normally in the evening). Sometimes we will fast a day if he has a large meal the day before - e.g. a turkey drumstick or mutton neck is a big meal for him.

I was always told that dogs stomachs are made to be stuffed full and then very empty. However, puppies are a different story.

EDIT: I probably fast about once a month? Mac is prone to putting on weight so feeding him a big meal like a turkey drumstick is more equivalent of 4+ 'normal size' meals, so he has very skinny meals for days following... I'd fast more often if he wasn't such a fatty! Also, with a puppy in the house, I feel mean feeding puppy and not feeding him. :)

Edited by Leema

Mac gets fed once a day at no specific time (though normally in the evening). Sometimes we will fast a day if he has a large meal the day before - e.g. a turkey drumstick or mutton neck is a big meal for him.

I was always told that dogs stomachs are made to be stuffed full and then very empty. However, puppies are a different story.

EDIT: I probably fast about once a month? Mac is prone to putting on weight so feeding him a big meal like a turkey drumstick is more equivalent of 4+ 'normal size' meals, so he has very skinny meals for days following... I'd fast more often if he wasn't such a fatty! Also, with a puppy in the house, I feel mean feeding puppy and not feeding him. :)

I'm glad to hear that about their tummies coping with being stuffed full one minute and being empty the next. Some of the RMBs that Gus gets are quite big which means he gets a very small amount of food the next day.

Mine get fed twice a day - a Kong stuffed with raw meat/mince in the morning to keep them occupied while I'm busy doing stuff, then their main meal in the late afternoon (a RMB, whole prey, whole fish or large hunk of meat).

Mine don't actually fast, but I do feed them almost nothing on the day or two after an extra large meal.

Twice a day.

Raw meaty bones in the morning, to occupy him while we lock up the house, open the gate, get the car out etc.

Roo/beef mince with vege pulp and supplements at night.

We do it that way because he can take aaaages to eat the bones. We often don't get home from work until 9pm, then cook our dinner, and THEN he gets his. So bones at night would have us up until 1am :thumbsup:

We've fed him twice a day, with no fasting, for four years and all is well. He used to have kibble in the morning but we've been phasing that out.