Training Toy

Saw this thread and it promted me to type this post

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...=127753&hl=

I've been using the Kong Wubbas for training, my 2 love them

I use the thick material ones for obedience and when they go swimming I've got the water wubba for when they are in a dam, river etc

http://www.dogtoys.com/kongwubba.html

I have the large ones and just bought 2 small ones today to use in class as the large one is hard to fit in a pocket. My staffords love them and using them at training they havent even managed to wreck them! I'm sure if I left them to chew on them unsupervised they could wreck them but as a trainign toy they are great. The water ones arent as tough, and I've gone through a few using them at training til I switched to the other one, but they are great in the water (gee wonder why they call them water wubba :D)

What do other people use?

Yeah the water ones are made of kind of wet suit material with a hollow rubber ball inside, so they float pretty well

So well that a friend ended up swimming in the dam as it floated too far, the dogs couldnt see it and we couldnt throw rocks far enough for them to splash near it :D

Wubba is by far the best toy to use in training for both Midge and Laffi :rofl: . They love chasing it and tugging with it when they bring it back. Laffi is still a little shy about playing outside our backyard but Midge is tugging like crazy during training sessions in our agility and flyball clubs! For a dog that didn't tug at all 6 months ago she came a long way :rofl:

Oh that is cute Kavik!!! Molly would like that

Ed is a fussy bugger though I think I've figured out that he likes fabric best, or tennis ball type stuff rather than rubber. Molls isnt fussy at all

Rex, if molly hasnt managed to destroy it, its pretty good :thumbsup: I dont leave them with them, they are only used for training but even still they have lasted longer than I thought

Edited by shoemonster

I LOVE the wubba's! I have a large material one - I got that before I saw they came in 'puppy' size. The puppy sized ones are great for training as you can stuff it in your pocket or wherever and it is quite discrete. Yet, when you pull it out the dog can still have a great tug on it - and it is quite durable too! Both my dogs love it.... and as Laffi said - you can throw it and then when they bring it back - tug with it. Very similar to the way I use the orbee, but easier to hide etc :laugh:.

I want to get a snuggler wubba when I can.... ie: when I have more money :thumbsup:

Oh that is cute Kavik!!! Molly would like that

Ed is a fussy bugger though I think I've figured out that he likes fabric best, or tennis ball type stuff rather than rubber. Molls isnt fussy at all

Rex, if molly hasnt managed to destroy it, its pretty good :laugh: I dont leave them with them, they are only used for training but even still they have lasted longer than I thought

remy destroyed his first toy ever last week. he has never paid any attention to tennis balls, but last week he did his first one and completely destroyed it.. he found a piece in backyard and keeps it in his crate ..lol he wont chew it anymore tho.. strange dog.. will have to secretly remove it from his possession. hes not a chewer at all but loves his tug toys . also another prize possession he has at the moment is a green tomato that he picked also in his crate , he carries it in and out and there isnt a tooth mark on it.lol

yess reallly strange dog..lol :thumbsup:

Hmmm...Must run in the family. Brydee's bed is full of lemons!

I always find a steel offcut left over from the new fence too. Never had a dog that likes metal objects to play with.

hahaha well i know that their mums fav thing is bananas !! lol

remy considers anything a new toy and fun to play with. apples off the tree didnt stand a chance either.