Mucha

picaflor

Thank you all for your thoughts. :laugh:

We did manage to have a laugh last night about how this little mite has us wrapped around her little finger. Little girl - big personality :laugh: And she was happy - and spoilt rotten in her last years :)

I thought I would just add a bit of an explanation of what happened because there was the other thread about her jaw and the upcoming surgery and you might be wondering what happened 'cause I hadn't updated that :laugh: am a bit fuzzy atm. My partner wrote this to our friends and its everything in a nutshell-

We took her to the vet to have her teeth cleaned. The vet put her on antibiotics, as she has had trouble with her jaw before due to her bad teeth. She had most of them removed quite a while ago, but because of her jaw problem, she could not remove the rest.

When she went for the actual cleaning, as the vet was going to start, her jaw fractured. The vet said that her bone was very fragile. She was operated by an orthopaedic surgeon, who wired her jaw. She recovered quite well, we all were amazed, but it was going to be short-lived. We even brought her home after the operation and had started to eat her liquid diet. A couple of days later, she started to be a bit annoyed and she would not eat anything, which was extremely important as she had to take antibiotics and antiinflammatories. The vet suggested we left her there. We visited for 4 days and she had to be put on Valium, only then would she eat...but that was not the solution of course. At the end the vet had to put her under anaesthetic to see how was the operation doing and unfortunately her bone was still too fragile and it had started to break away. Of course she rang us immediately and we decided that it was time for her to go. She woke up from the anaesthetic, but the vet sedated her heavily, just for us to say good-bye.

At least we tried and gave her a chance. She was so full of life...although she was already 13.

As you can imagine, we have been very depressed, more so Karoline, who had her since she was a puppy. Chico has been missing her too...

We brought her home and she is resting under a beautiful plant we bought for her.

and life goes on...

post-19-1092877439.jpg

The poor littel dear,

It is so terrible when things like this happen but we must do the right thing by them.

Rest easy that she is up there watching you and waiting for you both, wagging her little tail.

:laugh: